Other feelings

"You can't." She says straight away. She shakes her head vigorously and forces down the anxiety bubbling inside of her.
"But you just said that you-"
"I know! I do! But I, I have to tell her about the kiss! You can't break up with her after! Do you how much more that will hurt?"
He responds with a question of his own.
"Aren't I hurting her more by leading her on? Piper, I want to be with you and you want to be with me. I think, anyways. I can't date Amy anymore."
"I don't want to hurt her, but we have to."
"I don't either. I care about Amy. But you're right."
He realises the stress she's going through as he hears her breath quicken.
"Hey," he says gently, "It will be okay."
"It might not be." She allows him to put a hand on her arm, and relaxes a little at his touch.
"Piper, Amy is your best friend."
"You are too! Don't worry!" He can't help but grin a little. She can't help but think his grin is adorable.
"That's not what I'm saying. She cares about you, a lot. She wants you to be happy. She will be hurt, that's for sure, but if she really does have your back all the time as you said, she'll come around."
"I don't know. She does always support me, but I betrayed her."
"For your feelings. Feelings are complicated, Pipes. They're messed up and you can't control them."
"I didn't tell her about my feelings. About the kiss."
"You screwed up."
"Thank you, Finn." It was meant to sound sarcastic but from the worried look on his face it clearly didn't come out that way.
"That's life. I bet she's screwed up before. But you always come around. And that, my friend, person who I love, is a relationship." Her tears start flowing again like a rapid waterfall. What did he say?
"Person who you what?" She asks in her teary voice. Oh no. He didn't say, did he? Oh man he freaked her out, didn't he? Why is he such an idiot?
"Huh? I don't remember?"
"Finn,"
"I'm sorry!"
"I am now a million times more anxious than I was three seconds ago, but"
"Piper, I'm so sorry!"
"BUT. You are a person who I love too."
"What?" She watches him light up. From his eyes, which regain their shine, to his fingertips which return to their excitable fidgeting.
"I would kiss you but-" He looks at her regretfully.
"Don't you dare."