Panic

The Next Day
He sits in the Next Steep, sipping his tea the right way just as she bounds over to him. "Finn!" She exclaims, giving him the widest smile. She gleefully puts herself down next to him, oblivious to the single emotion in him. Guilt. Guilt as he bites his lip, which really hurts. Karma. Guilt as he smiles and puts her arm around her.  Guilt as he asks, "How are you?" And pretends his mind isn't elsewhere.

Amy feels guilty. She had done nothing wrong, she reminds herself, but still…Henry, she'd been thinking about him. A lot. And it filled her with guilt. He was a great friend to her, that's all. He cared about Summer, who Amy particularly got on well with. But she still felt uneasy, so was being especially kind to Finn that day. He had his arm around her  and she felt lucky to have him. Finn was a good boyfriend.

Finn feels like the worst boyfriend in the world. How is he going to tell her? Should he do it alone, or should Piper be involved? It would break him to see their friendship go down hill after what Piper said yesterday. He should do it, right? It hadn't really sunk in until Piper had said it to his face, but everything was on him. He, single-handedly had ruined everything. He texts Piper,
'I think I'm going to tell.'
Less than a second later, his phone rings, and a picture of them laughing appears on his screen. It was from prom. Oh, how he wishes he could go back to prom.
"I have to take this. My mum." He lies through his teeth to Amy, and then goes to the locker room for privacy.

"Whatiswrongwithyoudonteventhinkabouttellinghernowsheismyfriendandiamgoingtobethere!" He doesn't even need to be there to tell that she is biting her nails, fighting her quick, anxious breath and possibly crying.
"Okay. But Pipes, I'm gonna need you to take a minute and breathe."
"How do we even go about telling her? I need to do this but I can't! How do I look at her, happy and tell her?"
"Piper, in and out."
"Oh gosh. Are you on a date now? You've stepped out of a date, right?  Amy told me. This is so awful!"
He is getting concerned, so he ignores her. "Breathe."
"Go back to your date! She'll get suspicious!"
"Slow and steady. In and out. Breathe."
"I can't!" She finally replies. Her voice sounds urgent and like she's just run a marathon. "I can't breathe! Finn!"
"Where are you?"
"-"
"Piper!"
Oh no. Was she okay? She had to be okay. She had to be-
"Piper! I'm coming, just relax. It's gonna be fine!"
"Pipes!"
The phone cuts off.

Thank you so much for nearly 60 reads already! It means so much! Thoughts on episode 13?