Relief

Wha-?" Is what he gets out. Amy, being the good 'girlfriend' she is seems to read his mind.
"No! No, no! It's not Piper! She cares about you. I knew that even before I knew in what way." Every muscle in him relaxes.
"She told Riley and James about…everything." He's not sure he gets it; what was so bad about that?
Amy clears her throat and reads off the screen. "Em, I'm a little worried for Finn. I think James might actually kill him. I've never seen him this angry."
Oh.
Ohhh.
Oh no.
"I, I need to see Piper."
"It's at your own expense." Emily warns him. "James is a family man. His little sister is the world to him."
They pull up and every part of him fidgets nervously. Amy, despite everything, holds his hand and they head in.

His heart falls the second they see the paramedics, and once again he feels sick to his stomach that this is his fault. A tall guy, with hair blacker than coal and a look angrier than fire makes his way towards them. James. Upon seeing him, Emily takes a strategic step in front on Finn.
"James!" Amy hugs him, hoping it'll buy Finn some time to…learn martial arts?
"Amy, so sorry to hear what happened. Pipes-" He calls her Pipes, Finn notices. Like himself.
"I'm hurt James, but I'll come around. You know me and your sister." James pats her appreciatively on the shoulder before turning to Emily.

"Finn?" He asks, looking past her now and directly at him. Finn's got to admit, it's intimidating.
"Y-"
"James, calm down." To Finn's surprise, Emily steps in and levels with him. There's a reason she's studio head.
"Emily, this boy-"
"I know what he did." As cold as ice, Finn thinks.
"Then, why-"
"James, he made a mistake. He loves your sister."
"Emily, please move."
"No."
"Emily."
"I said no." Finn's starting to worry for Emily. James looks mad.
James makes a dangerous step towards her, and she reflexively puts an arm in front of Finn. She smirks a little. Finn cannot believe she dared.
"James, he messed up. Remember when you kissed Beth? You hurt my sister. I didn't kill you."
"Remember when Riley kissed Alfie?" From what Pipes told him, mentioning Alfie seemed like a low blow.
"Besides the point."
"Emily, move. out. the. way." This is getting sort of serious. Finn feels the urge to step in arise.
"I will not."
His eyes sparkle in rage.  Finn breaks through the barrier that is Emily's arm.
"It's okay. You can kill me if you want. I deserve it. But, I do love Piper, and I think she loves me too."
Emily is so taken back she nearly falls down. James's facade slips for a millisecond as he processes this.
"Finn." He says. Finn is terrified. His legs are shaking with anticipation. He tries to hold himself together. 
"You love her? Then how did you let things get this far?" A chance. James is giving him a chance.
"I messed up. I asked out Amy but I always cared about Piper. I shouldn't have kissed her. I don't know how I did this to her." Wow, way to blow it.
"I want to be with Piper more than I want to dance." He sounds ridiculous.

James closes his eyes. His second season on A-troupe. He kissed Beth but he loved Riley. He messed everything up. He couldn't dance like himself until he was with her again. He would do anything to get her back. He fought for her. Like this boy was fighting for Pipes, right in front of him. He opens his eyes.
"You push her again, I won't stop to think."
"Again?"
"Yes."

Finn cannot express his relief. This has been all he's felt today. Fear, relief, fear, relief. What a cycle. And, as destined, next he is hit with fear.
"Where is she?"
"The back. With Amy and Riley."
His nervous energy fills him up once more as he approaches her. She's lying down, feet elevated. He sees her smile at something Amy says and he smiles too. Amy sees him coming and says she needs to speak to Emily all of a sudden. Riley wants to show James a new book she'd heard of. He's beyond grateful. He needs to talk to her alone. Amy grabs his arm before he reaches her and he's somewhat annoyed. He needs to see her.
"Amy, I want my first kiss to be somewhere dreamy, like a hill at sunrise or a library. It's  a good kiss and I know he actually cares and after he leaves me alone because he knows I need time to process things." She whispers, and looks at him sincerely,
"Second kiss?" She offers. He nods and there's a huge grin on his face.

200 reads and 29 votes! Omg! Thank you so so much and hope you're enjoying the story! X