Surprise

"Oh my god!" Emily allows herself to laugh a little, "You're in love, we get it. Stop making googly eyes."
Piper's cheeks burn as her face turns pinker. She fiddles with her seatbelt and looks down.
Amy bursts out laughing. She is SO grateful that Emily said something, cause she didn't want to be the one to.
"Hey," Finn warns but his expression is amused. Emily's screen lights up and plays "Unsinkable" loudly through the speakers. What? It was her nationals dance. It was her peak. Her injury was the worst, but she loved that dance. No drama, no anger, just dancing with people she loved as one. She presses answer on the screen.
"Emily, where are you?" Nick's British accent fills the car.
"On the road. We'll be there soon. Why?"
"Everything worked out well? Are Finn and Piper 'an item' as the kids like to say."
Piper wants her seat to swallow her. Now, please. Finn looks at her, understanding, and Amy stifles a giggle.
"Yes. They are."
"Oh good, I was always rooting for them. They make a well balanced couple, those two."
Piper wants to scream. Finn smiles approvingly at what Nick said. Amy raises her eyebrows.
"Nick, you're on speaker. Amy, Piper and Finn are in the car with me."
"Oh-oh, hello all. How are you?"
"Good!" Finn answers, resting a hand on Piper's knee. She looks, well, embarrassed would be an understatement.
"Great. Emily, dancemania are here."
"What?"
"They're filming a behind the scenes. You might want to get here, fast."

Of course, Emily thinks, of course this is happening right now.
"Amy, you are now going out with Finn again."
"Emily, no."
"What?"
Piper falls silent. She knew everything was too good to be true.
"You heard him. How bad would it look on camera if this…situation was exposed? The team knows nothing about it! I'm sorry guys, but you have to do this."
"Isn't there anything el-"
"No, Finn," Piper answers gently, "Emily's right. The team would look terrible. You have to."
"But, Pipes, we-"
"For me? Please." She looks at him so kindly and with so much love that he just nods.
"Amy, after everything, I should not be asking you any favours-"
"I'll do it, Piper. Don't worry."
"I, um, I love you both so much. And you too, Emily." It's way out of Piper's comfort zone to say but screw it. That's what the world seemed to be telling her lately. Clearly what the other three have in common is that they do not respond well to public display of affection. Emily looks flattered but bites her lip down hard as her hands guide the wheel. Amy smiles in response but plays with her hair, and Finn's eyes say 'I love you too' but the plastered grin on his face says otherwise.

The journey is long. And silent. Did Piper mention long?

When they eventually pull up, Emily raises her hand for them to all stay for a second. She flicks her hair to the side (way too Michelle, ugh) and puts on her lip gloss with a lot of angst.
"We went to a dance convention. Got it? Amy and Finn did a duet. Well done, you placed second. Piper, congratulations, your solo won. Where? Up North. Who? A small dance community in the farmlands. We went out of respect. Am I clear?"
"Crystal." Finn laughs and Piper smacks him. ' Ow!'he mimes, as they head in. The minute their inside, all eyes are on them.
"Hold Amy's hand." Piper mutters under her breath to Finn. He complies. The camera man heads straight for them.

Here. We. Go.

Slightly small chapter, but I do like the humour in it. Thank you for 400+ reads and 40+ votes, cannot believe it! Every vote, read and comment is so appreciated.

The Michelle reference was inspired by RamdomArgentinian