Fusion

This chapter references couples from Grey's Anatomy, so there may be out of context spoilers.

"How are you so gorgeous?" He turns to her and places a kiss on her lips. He never ceases to amaze her. They're sitting on the sofa. She's buried into him.
"How are you so charming?" She asks in return, and laces her fingers through his.
"How many times did I say no touching?" Both of the jump at the voice, and James smiles because he had the desired effect.
"I'm a teenager!" She protests, for the sixth time.
"You're my baby sister!" Riley mouths at Finn "I'm really sorry, he's crazy" from behind James and he laughs in return.
"You think this is funny, do you?" Finn shuts up abruptly and shifts so he's beside Piper.
"James! You said that you didn't mind me dating! You that you liked Finn!"
"I have nothing against Finn, Pipes. He's a good fit for you," His voice becomes drastically more gentle, before returning to hostile, "I just have some rules, and the first one is no touching!"
"Let's go, honey." Riley suggests and Piper looks at her thankfully.
"Okay, Ri." He visibly becomes less angry and more soft as he looks at her. He turns to Piper, "Have a good time today. But-"
"Finn hurts me, you kill him. Yes, I know. And he would never." James nods. His work here is done and him and Riley leave. Piper relaxes as the door shuts.
"He's just being protective." Finn says open-mindedly.
"I know, but it's a bit extreme."
"Anyway, where we-" She kisses him before he can even finish his sentence. Then she curses herself. She could have been kissing him for a year. She could have avoided the drama. All the more reason to kiss him now, she guesses. After what feels like forever but also not enough time, they separate.
"You kiss good." He says and she giggles.
"Is it bad that a small part of me wants to stay here and watch movies with you?"
"No. But this double date sounds fun. We should start getting ready." She makes a complaint noise, but she agrees with him. He takes his bag of clothes into the spare room, which Piper directs him too. She changes in her room, which is adjacent.
"Are we wearing casual clothes or smart clothes?" He calls, "I packed both."
Piper chuckles to herself. Of course he did.
"I'm wearing smart casual?" She replies,
"I'll mix and match." She laughs. A few minutes later, they both come out of their respect rooms. Finn is wearing an untucked grey shirt and black jeans, whilst she wears some blue skinny jeans and a sleeveless, ribbed scarlet crop top. Her hair is let loose, with its signature plait.
"Wow."
"Says you. That shirt." He gives her a crooked smile and they head out.

☆ 

"Lily! We're going to be late, baby!" Kingston frowns at his watch. He fingers his denim jacket. He doesn't do late, not even fashionably.
Lily applies the wing of her eyeliner and heads down. She doesn't care about being on time, but she knows it's important to Kingston. His jaw drops when he sees her, and that sparks a smile in her. She's wearing a green shirt dress with a V-neckline. She has a silver necklace on, adorned with a 'K' pendant, and her hair rests in beach curls.
"Beautiful." He doesn't even manage a full sentence.
"Why thank you." She hooks her arm through his and they make their way out.

"Why did I agree to this?" She protests from the passenger seat.
"Because you want to try new things. It will be awesome." He assures her.
"What do I even say?"
"When we arrive, I'd start with hello." She furrows her brows, but she can't hide her smile. Just then, a white sports car comes whizzing around, cutting through the intersection and missing them by a centimetre, and that's only because he swerves. Hard.
"Ah!" A sound escapes her lips and her hand goes flying to her chest as she slams back against her seat. Her breaths feel faster than the speed of light.
"Jeez!" His heart and head are pounding as he forces down on the breaks, but he knows 'near death' is probably a trigger for her.
"Hey, you okay?"
"Hey, Pipes."
She tries to focus. In, out, in, out. He notices her and does the same. "I'm here."  He clasps her free hand.
"I'm good." She says after about three minutes. "Are you…?" Her turn to worry. Her eyes scan him, searching for any sign of injury.
"I'm alright, Piper. Idiot!" He exclaims, referring to the driver. They let out a collective sigh of relief.
"The universe really wants to break us, huh?" She says, shaking her head.
"Yeah." He puts a hand to her cheek, "Hasn't won, though."
"Oh!" She looks at his watch, "we are so late!"
They hit the road again.

Kingston fiddles with his earing.
"It's only a few minutes." She answers his thoughts.
"It stresses me out."
"I know." She puts her hand in his and she feels him calm. She distracts him,
"Has Finn really been asking Piper out for a year since I left?"
"Oh yeah," He lets himself laugh, "He asked her to prom last year."
"And she turned him down?" Lily has puppy eyes.
"Yeah, but he got one dance."
"They are really cute together."
"Just like us then." Kingston smiles. As he says this, a very flustered Finn and Piper enter through the fancy rotating door.
"Where have you been?" Kingston says at the same time Lily says, "Hi guys!"
"Near car crash." Finn replies casually. The audacity to say that so carefree. Piper smacks him.
"Ouch." He looks at her in mock pain.
"Seriously?" Kingston asks, concerned.
"Yeah." Piper nods.
"Oh my dance!" Lily hugs them both.

They find their table and sit down. Finn and Kingston begin exchanging Legions of Lasers tips, and Lily and Piper talk about their favourite couples on Grey's Anatomy.
"Oh, come on." Lily says, "The best couple is obviously Meredith and Derek." They were the power couple. The centre. Like her and Kingston.
"I don't know," Piper counters, "I do love Jackson and April." Piper loves them because they used to be best friends before they got together, just like her and Finn.
"Excuse me," Finn interrupts, "It is 100% Mark and Lexie."  Finn considers himself a 'Mark Sloan' type of guy.
"What?" Kingston questions. He looks at Finn with absurdity.
"It's a good show." Finn defends.
"The ginger one. I like him and the recovering addict."
"Owen and Amelia?"
"Yes. They seem to have a good family." Just the sort of thing Kingston wants when he's older. Unconvential but full of love.
"Amelia and Betty do have the sweetest relationship." Piper agrees. This wasn't so bad.
"You guys are discounting Ben and Bailey?" The waitress smiles at them as she sets down their drinks.
"They're so real. And problem free." Piper notes. Ben and Bailey were just love. That was the goal.
"Exactly." The waitress grins.
"So," Lily smirks, "Who do you think will be the next 'it' couple at the Studio?"
"I think Ozzy could get Richelle's heart." Piper muses.
"Ha!" Kingston scorns, "No way."
"I think Henry and Amy?" Lily suggests.
"They're really good friends, maybe." Piper considers. Amy deserves to be happy and Henry could do that for her. Finn nods. He didn't want to give too much away.
"My guy Heath could pick up some girls." Kingston adds.
They talk like this for hours, and before Piper has even realised it, it's nearly 6pm.
"This was so fun!" She tells Lily.
"Let's do it again!" The other girl says excitedly.
Kingston and Finn handshake (or broshake) goodbye and they head out.

Piper has her head resting on his chest and they are watching movies after a great day out. He strokes her hair.
"Hey!" She laughs.
"No touching!"

Hiya, thank you so so much for all the support for this story! Cannot believe that the votes, reads and comments are still going up ♡.
Today's episode had EVERYTHING. That's all I'm going to say.

P.S. I think this story maybe has a few more chapters in it.