Chapter three

Tucker's POV

    I departed from my room and strolled down the hallway, and entered the living room.
    "Is she ok?" Chester asked as I walked over to the couch and laid down, resting my head on my arm behind my head.
    "She'll be okay," I mumbled tiredly as I closed my eyes.
     "You might want to get her out of your bed. Becky is not going to like that."
     "It's none of her damn business. She's just a friend with benefits. We get what we need from each other and nothing else. Plus, nothing has happened with whoever that is in my bed."
     A loud, irritated knock sounded at the door, interrupting us. I rolled off the couch and stalked over to the door, and swung it open.
     Shit.
    "Do you have my money?" 
    "No."
    Marcel grabbed me by the neck hard and hauled me outside, and threw me down the wooden steps. Each hard, jagged action blasted horrific pain ran through my body. Straining to catch my breath, I lay there on the ground. I didn't have time I move as I felt his boot slam into my stomach over and over. His fist slammed into my jaw, his hard knuckles busting my lip open.
     Suddenly the pain lets up; Chester had Marcel in a headlock, giving me time to catch my breath.
    Grabbing for the railing, I pulled myself up, grunting from the pain.
     "I want my fucking money." He yelled, his eyes bearing into me of a monster, letting me know he means business.
     "I just need time." I choked out my voice rough and barely vocal as the pain was almost unbearable. The taste of iron fills my mouth; I spit out the blood.
     "This is your last warning. Next, I won't let you off this easy." He yanked out of Chester's grip. He walked off and got on his motorcycle, and rode off into the night.
    Chester extended his hand to me and helped me up the stairs.
    "Dude, come with me on the boat. It's killer money, and you'll finally be rid of that mad man."
     "If you think I can get on, I'll go. I have no way out. This sits on my chest. I should never have gone to him for money, but I needed it."

    Why do I need money? Two years ago, my brother was convicted of a crime he didn't do. I needed money to get him the best lawyer. We never came from money. It's only been us since the beginning. Our parents couldn't stay clean to keep us, so we lived in the foster system until 16.
     So I went to Marcel out of desperation. I had heard through the grapevine that Marcel could get me the money I needed. However, paying it back hasn't been the easiest. Plus, it's only growing with interest the longer it takes, which has made it impossible to keep up.
    "I know, Man, I'm not judging you, but I think this is what's best, plus you'll be out on the water, so he won't be able to find you."
    "Then make it happen." I winced in pain, holding my side as I headed inside.
     I walked through the house into the bathroom. I cleaned my face. I looked at my face. Not too bad. It could have been worse. I'll have a nasty bruise and a split lip, but I've had worse.
     While looking down the hallway at my door, moving closer, I leaned against its frame, watching the stranger sleep in my bed.
     This stranger is stunning, like a fallen angel that dropped into my life unexpectedly.
     Poor thing was so sick. She seemed like she's been through some tough shit.    If only she knew I had to. Shit is too deep; you never think you'll see the light.
     No one drinks that much to drink. You drink like that to forget the pain. I've been down that road too.
     I stepped inside my room and sat beside this fragile blonde angel. Her face was pale and sticky from sweating. I brushed her damp hair off her face.
     Her eyes fluttered open, her dark feminine eyes locked on mine. She sat up fast and moved away from me like she was scared.
     "Where am I?" Her eyes teared up, and her chest rose and fell faster.
      "You're safe ok?" I tried to calm her down.
      "How did I get here?" Her eyes scanned the room, then back to me.
      "You passed out. I brought you here; I didn't know where you lived."
      She scrambled off the bed.
      "I'm not going to hurt you." I put my hands up in surrender.
      "I don't even know you." She was staring at the exit, planning her escape.
      "I'm not forcing you to stay here. You are free to go."
      "What's your name?" She asked.
      "Tucker. What about you?"
      "You don't need to know my name."
She was fidgeting with her shirt.
     "I'd like to know your name."
     "No, no, you don't." She shook her head and sank to the floor.
     "Hey, what's wrong?" I knelt beside her.
     She looked up at me with these tear-filled eyes, making me heartache.
"You'd be smart to stir clear of me; I'll ruin your life." She said softly as she wiped her eyes.
     "Why would you say that?" I touch her hand delicately.
     "I'm just no good." She leaned back against the wall, closing her eyes as more tears tumbled down her cheeks.
     "Why don't you lay down and get some sleep. I'll be on the couch. If you need anything, you can wake me up."
       Her eyes opened and wandered over my face. She reached out and touched my lip where it was injured.
      "Did I do that?" More tears filled her eyes.
     "No," I shook my head.
     She stood up and swayed. I reached out just as she was about to fall over.
     "Easy there." Our faces were so close I could smell her alcohol-stained breath. Yet, this sweet scent of vanilla overtook that fragrance, causing me to lean in to get another whiff.
     "Did you just smell me?" She chuckled as she moved back to my bed and collapsed onto the mattress. She reached out and grabbed my hand and pulled me in so hard I lost my balance and fell on top of her.
      I laid on top of her, getting lost in her eyes. Her beautiful luscious lips that were slightly dried looked sinfully sweet.
     "What the fuck?" I pushed off the bed and turned to see Becky standing in the doorway, looking pissed. "Cheating on me?" She rushed at the girl on my bed before I could react. She had her by the hair.
    "Hey, let go, you, crazy psycho bitch."
Quickly I broke the girls apart. I held the new girl against my chest feeling protective of her and shielding her from Becky.
    "You need to leave now!" I yelled at Becky.
    "Oh hell no, she leaves. I am staying."
     The girl pushed out of my arms and ran out of the room. I was about to go after her, but Becky stepped in.
     "Move!" I yelled.
     "No. You knew I was coming over tonight. Why are you sabotaging what we have?"
     "Becky, you know we aren't anything more than fuck buddies. But honestly, I'm done. I can't do it anymore."
     "Why, cause of one night with a blonde bimbo with no tits and the loosest lips. He's hideous. You know I make you happy."
     "OUT NOW!" I shoved her out my door, grabbed hold of her arm, and yanked her down the hallway.
     Entering the living room, I saw the other girl in tears sitting beside Chester, who was giving me 'the
What the hell look.'
     "Tucker, I love you," Becky said, sounding desperate.
     "You don't love me. You use me as much as I used you."
    "Why won't you let me in?" She started crying.
     Because I'm unloveable, I don't deserve love. But I keep this locked away from everyone.
     "Becky, we had fun, but I think we need to move on this isn't good for either of us. Be with someone who wants all over you. I'm not good for you."
    "Well, there isn't anything special about that scrawny ass baby; she's not that pretty. Where did you find her outside of some run-down bar? She looks like a drowned kitten; seriously, it's pathetic." Her hurtful words made me angry, angry she didn't even know this girl.
     She rose and got in Becky's face. "I may be a pretty thing like you, but at least I'm not some skanky whore." I heard this sweet angel rattled voice erupt out of her, sounding sad and hurt.
      "For fuck sake, Becky, keeps your nasty mouth shut," I shouted.
      "Why are you defending a nobody!" Her words came out attacking this sweet girl.
     She suddenly punched Becky square in the nose; she shook her hand and then walked out.
     I indicated with my hand for Chester to go after the most beautiful stranger I had ever seen.
     Chester ran after her.
     "Becky, go. You EVER come near me or anyone I call a friend, you will be sorry."
     "Fuck you, Tucker; you were a lame-ass lay anyway."
      I dragged her down the stairs. She walked off in her six-inch stilettos. Then she drove out of sight. I walked down to find this poor girl that would probably never talk to me again.

. . .and I was right. She was gone. Chester said she never wanted to see me again. He said he tried to get her to wait, but she was not having any of it, and why should she after being attacked by some bitch.