Chapter Twelve

Tucker

My phone rang. I glid it out of my pocket and saw a blocked contact. I've been getting these calls every day since I got here. Suddenly I start getting ping after ping, text messages coming in at a rapid pace.

[Text messages]

Txt: (509) 2943-9942: Where's my fucking money? Stop hiding, you chickenshit! Time is running out, and you won't like what happens.
Txt: (509) 2943-9942: You will lose everything.
Txt: (509) 2943-9942: How's the captain's daughter?
Txt: (509) 2943-9942: Lucy, right?
Txt: (509) 2943-9942: Mmm, she's beautiful. I'd hate to see her beautiful face be unrecognizable.

How does he know? What the fuck do I do? This can't be happening.
"Dude, you ok?" Chester asked. I couldn't think, let alone make words come out. My body was taking me away like it had a mind of its own. I ended up down in the lower level pacing the kitchen.
"Tucker?" I looked over and saw Lucy looking at me with concern. "What's wrong?" She spoke warmly.
"Nothing!" I mumbled as I ran my hand over the back of my neck, avoiding her eyes.
Her stunning eyes would reel me in and make me tell her everything, but she needed to be protected. She may be in danger. I turned away, needing to think.
I felt her hand on my arm. "Tell me." She spoke softly. Her voice was closer. Her scent was intimately reeling me in. She's right behind me. She doesn't deserve to be any part of my mess. "I can't. This is dangerous." I barely spoke above a whisper.
"Are you in trouble?" Lucy sounded worried. Her hand touched my shoulder. Heat traveled through my body from her touch. "Tucker, is it that crazy chick? She wants you back? I'll bust her up if you need it."
Haha, that's sweet and hot, but this is serious. "No, this is so bad." I shook my head.
"You're scaring me." She pulled on my arm to turn me. I twisted around to face her. She reached out and touched my face. She looked up, her eyes soft and caring as they looked at me, with gentleness without judgment.
"Lucy, we have to stay," I needed to get her to listen, and hopefully, she will stay.
"Why?" She asked curiously as she moved in closer. Her fingers ran over my arm. Again warmth I felt radiated from her touch.
"Can you just trust me?" I pleaded, running my fingers through her soft hair.
"I need more than that?" She replied, still curious about what was going on.
"Lucy, we are better here."
"What if I say no?" She asked as she backed away and rested her hip against the counter island. Fuck I have to tell her even if I lose her. Why did I think I even had a shot with this beauty.
"Okay, I'll tell you." I paced the floor, feeling my heart race and my hands shake. I shoved my shaking hands into the front of my jeans pockets.
"I won't judge you, Tucker. I've done some stupid shit." I know she's trying to be understanding, but she's going to hate me, and fuck, her Father is going to kill me.
"Tucker, I know I've been all over, but I care about you. Let me in." Her voice made me want to grab her and hold her tight and never let her go. My conscience was telling me to let her go and protect her. As long as she stays away from me, she'll be safe.
"I needed money back home, and I haven't been able to pay it back. This guy keeps calling. But today, he said your name, so now this has just blown up even more. I'm so sorry."
"How much money?" She asked calmly. Why is she so fucking calm. Did she not hear that she was in danger?
"800 Grand," I said, hanging my head with shame.
"What the fuck!? That's a whole lot of fucking money." She finally showed a shocked tone.
"I know, that's my problem. I can't pay it back, and it's only growing in interest. Originally it was 600."
"I'll ask my dad." She turned and headed towards the door.
"N-no, no, no, please don't tell your dad," I begged her.
"I'll just make my money here and pay what I can, then go from there."
"Seems you are in over your head, and this guy isn't the nicest guy."
"You got that right, so for now, we stay here." I stepped over to Lucy, I delicately toucher her cheek, and she tilted her head, staring at me.
"Okay." She moved closer to my body and wrapped her arms around me. I tighten my arms around her trim torso. Damn, she barely flinched when I told her. She nestled her head onto my neck. Her warm breath spread over my neck. I ran my hands up her back, slowed down, and settled on her perky ass. Her round ass pressed against me with eagerness. She leaned out and smiled, one I hadn't seen in a few days.
"Let's tell the guys that we are staying." She squealed as she pulled me with her up to the upper deck. We found the guys suiting up getting ready for the next haul of crabs. Chester and Tommy looked over as we came over.
"Why are you two so happy? Did you finally do it?" Tommy humped the table, gyrating his hips.