Chapter Nine

Tucker

     Seeing her soaked through and chilled to the bone I couldn't leave her alone. I followed her to the back of the boat. The boat was all over the place. I was tipping all over the place. "Lucy, please wear this," I said as I came over and stood beside her. She nodded her head. I covered her with the raincoat. I stood behind her close, but I didn't touch them. She grabbed my hands and pulled them around her.
     "Better?" I spoke close to her ear, and she turned around and faced me.
     She suddenly goes pale as a washboard, throwing up all over me. "OH MY GOD!" She covered her mouth and turned, and threw up again over the railing.
     I went to her aid, but she waved me away. I headed down to the washroom peeling my clothes off, and quickly had a shower. 

Lucy

    I was not doing well with the boat's swaying and drinking way too much; I was a wreck. Jasper and Chester ran over and were by my side. The ship was so tippy that it was hard to hold on to anything and throw up simultaneously.
    Then the guys started getting seasick. We were a mess. After throwing up every last content, I just laid on the cold, freezing deck. I was scared to move. I was afraid to heave, which hurt, throwing up nothing.
    My dad came over and picked me up and carried me below deck. He laid me down on a bed.
    Tucker came in wrapped in only a towel. He smelled fresh and clean.
    "Sorry, can I stay in another room?" He offered
    "Tucker, would you mind staying with her? She not well."
     "You sure?"
     "Yes!" I have to steer through the night. Then in a few hours, we need to start pulling up the first set of traps."
     "Okay." He nodded.
     "Thank you." My dad walked out.
     Tucker came over and took a seat beside me on the bed. "How are you feeling?"
     "Disgusting...embarrassed, I can't believe I threw up again on you."
      "I think I'll live." He smirked. "Do you need anything?"
     "Will you hold me? I can't get warm?" Her teeth were chattering.
      "Okay."

Tucker

     I climbed in beside her; she took my hand and pulled my arms around her; she shook severely. "I thought you didn't cuddle?" She turned to face me.
     "I'm kind of like it with you."
     "I'm so cold." Her lips were practically blue. I brushed her hair away from her face; her cheeks were frozen to the touch. I moved in closer, and she turned more into my body and buried her head next to mine.
    She was soon asleep; I could feel her breath on my neck. I kept rubbing her and holding her close. She was finally warming up.
     Jasper and Chester came in and lay on their beds. They looked green. "Are you alright?" I asked
     "Seasick." Chester groaned.
     "Fuck, that sucks."
     "Yeah, but she was the worse; I've never seen someone so sick," Chester said.
     "Better get some rest. We have to be up in a few hours to bring up the first set of cages," I said.

    They were already passed out.

.......

Lucy

I woke up feeling arms around my body and a leg threaded through mine. I could feel his soft breathing on my neck. I didn't want to move as I hadn't felt this safe, this comfortable in a long time, but I was thirsty.
     Carefully I slid my arm away and moved my leg. Noticing he's wearing a towel, my eyes sink to his slight bulge. My cheeks grow warm when I imagine what he looks like under the towel.
     "Want a peek," I flew out of bed so fast and ran out the door. I closed the washroom door and locked it. Holy shit, I was so embarrassed. He knew I was looking at him.
     I washed my face, cupping my hands, letting my hands fill up with water, then splashing my face. Dunking my head down, I drank water. I needed more; I was so thirsty. I licked my dried lips and locked at my reflection. My hair was a mess of crazy; I had a sleep in my puffy eyes my skin looked pale beside the rosiness on the elevations of my cheeks.
Boom boom. The door rattles. It was making me jump.
    "I need to pee, Lucy," Tommy said.
     I pushed off the counter and unlocked the door. I barely got out before he pulled himself out and did his thing.
    "Geeze," I slammed the door behind myself.
      I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I took it up to the main deck. It was dark and still choppy but not as bad as before.
     I went up to see my dad. I see him just staring out the window.
     "Hey!"
     "Oh hey, how are you feeling?"
     "Like shit." I ran my hands through my hair.
     "You need to stop drinking. I'll toss all the drinks off the boat if I have to." He said sternly.
     "You don't have to do that."
     "Lucy, you don't seem to get it; you need help."
     "I'm fine. I just needed it for a while. But I'll stop."
     "One last chance. If I find out you have taken a damn sip, I'll send you to rehab. Cause I will not lose you."
     "Okay, dad."
      He swiveled in his chair and faced me.
     "I know you had something with Jacob. But you have to move on."
     "What like you? you haven't moved on from mom."
      His eyes welled up.
     "That's different."
     "No, dad, it's not; love is love. I loved Jacob. I was myself, and I was the best version of myself with him. I don't feel like me anymore. I'm lost."
     "I know it's hard, but you're still you, Lucy. You are still my Lucy. The sweet girl who loved life and enjoyed her friends, who had so much life to live."
     "Maybe someday, but right now, I'm lost; I'm a broken Lucy."
     "Aww, sweetheart, come here." He gently held me as I cried.
     "You will get through this, and I will always be here."
     "Can I tell you something?" I leaned out and looked at him.
     "Anything, you know that."
     "Dad, I was pregnant..."
     "Was?"
     "Well, yah was cause obviously, I'm not now."
     "Sorry, I was just caught off guard. I'm so sorry. Did Jacob know?"
     "No." I shook my head.
     "I lost it about a month after Jacob died."
     "Why didn't you tell me?"
     "It just hurt too much on top of Jacob and dying and then our baby. I was crushed."
     "Don't sink too low, Lucy. Let these guys in. They're not bad guys."
     "I know; I just worry that if I let my guard down, one will get in, and they could be taken away."
     "Oh, Lucy, unfortunate tragic things happen, but it doesn't mean it will happen again." He rubbed my arm.
      "I just can't let go of that fear, feeling that if I let someone in, something bad will happen."
    "I've seen the way Tucker watches you. He's into you, Lucy."
     I am surprised that my dad has noticed. "Dad?"
     "What, I'm not blind."
     "But you hate guys that look my way."
     "Just the bad one's honey, Tucker, he's not bad."
     "How do you know? Do they have some handbook that says which guys are good and bad?" I tapped my foot on the floor, shaking my head, trying not to laugh.
      "Just a feeling." He said he then took a seat and was back focused on his task.
     "Thanks, dad, so you're ok with some guy with his hands all over me?"
     "Get out!" He chuckled.
      I skipped down the stairs and lost my footing at the bottom step, and fell hard on my ass. "Fuck!"
     "Watch that last step is dozy." He was now in full-body laughter.
     "Glad you find my pain so amusing." I stood up and walked out onto the deck. It was spitting rain at me. I went into the galley and grabbed a raincoat.
      I stepped out and went over to the boat's edge and looked out at the dark sea.
     "Don't jump." I heard Tommy behind me.
     I turn and see him and Chester and Tommy walking over.
    "I'm not jumping."
    "Good cause you'd be on your own."
    "Thanks."
    "Look, I'm sorry for being a freak earlier. I've just been through shit. But I shouldn't take it out on any of you."
     "Aw, look, you can be sweet." Tommy's face lit up with amusement.
     "Watch it, Tommy; I could throw you overboard."
    "Well, I guess the sweetness didn't last long."
    "I'm going to get you," I charged at Tommy, and my foot slid out from under me on the wet deck, and I fell on my ass again. "For fuck sake." I rolled onto my side the guys helped me up.b"Do not laugh at me."
     "Not laughing." Tommy turned his head, and I could see a smile.
     "Fucker."
     "I'm sorry it was funny."
     "Fine, laugh it off."
     Both guys laughed as we tried to walk, and we all fell over as the boat tipped.
      "Hahaha, losers can't stay on your feet either."
     We all just laughed as we lay on the deck floor. The others came over and saw us.
      "Are you guys ok?" Tucker, Dylan, and Jasper came over.
     Tucker helped me up.
     "Fuck, my ass is so sore."
     "That's what she said." Tommy chimed in, howling.
      I smacked him in the arm.
     "You all will be alone doing these cages." I walked off limping. Three hard hits to my ass were hurting me something fierce. Tucker followed me to the kitchen. I laid down on the bench seat.
     "What happened?" He inquired.
     "I fell down the stairs leaving my dad's porch; then I fell twice on the deck."
     "Do you need me to check?"
     "Oh, good one, never heard the one before."
     "I could inspect it to make sure nothing broke."
     "Well, since you offering sure."
     "Really?" He perked up.
     "No, fuck off," I smirked as I saw his face goes from happy to sad in a fraction of a second.
     "Tucker, can you get me some ice for my ass?"
     "Sure." He walked over to the freezer and grabbed frozen peas. He tossed them to me. I caught them and then placed them on my ass. He walked over and took a seat beside me. "How are you feeling?" His fingers brushed over my cheek lightly.
     "My body was aching before now. It's like a 10 for pain. It's like my body was jarred or went through some crazy battle I lost."
     His hand trailed down my back and rested just under my ass. His fingers dance over my round humps. He moved the peas off, then brushed his fingertips over each cheek. I looked up at him. "Do you want me to stop?" He leaned down and whispered.
     "No." I shook my head. His hand softly rubs my ass. This other hand ran down the back of my thigh. Tingles were alive, and damn, he had my body waking to his touch. Beautiful amazing, intense itches woke in places I had forgotten I could feel.
     I rolled onto my side and grabbed his face. "Do you want to kiss me?"
     He nodded his head.
     "Then kiss me."
      He grasped my face with his hands and ran his thumb over my bottom lip.
      "You're not ready, Lucy." His finger ran over my cheek.
     "I thought that's what you wanted?" I sat up, wincing as I sat on my sore ass.
     "I do, I do, but you're not ready. You're still in love with Jacob. I can't compete with him."
     "So then what, we just dance around this sexual tension?"
     "Guess so." He stood up and walked away.
     "Tucker, what the fuck?"
     What the hell just happened?"