Chapter Eleven

Lucy

The morning came too soon. After stretching my aching body, my body didn't hurt as much. I felt better than yesterday. As I looked over, I saw Chester and Jasper fast asleep, snoring away.
I slipped out of bed and walked out. A chill ran through me, feeling the icy cold from the drop in temperature outside. I hurried over to my room and opened the closet and pulled out my bag, and searched for a sweater. I found one and pulled it out. I placed it over my head, hugging my arms around my freezing body.
Turning, I noticed Tucker was in my room; I guess I took over his bed last night. He looked cute sleeping, I had this urge to cuddle up with him, but I walked out. Guess I messed everything up yet again.
The boat was feeling pretty calm this morning.
I made my way up to see my dad. "Hey, daddy!" I moved in and wrapped my arms around his neck from behind.
"Hey, sweetheart."
"So, dad, I want to go back home."
He froze and turned in his seat to face me.
"What? Why?" He looked sad.
"I can't be here anymore." My lip quivered.
"Sweetheart, I thought we were making headway?"
"I want to go home?"
"Talk to me. What's going on."
"I don't want to talk about it. Take me home."
"You're not well, honey. I can't leave you there. Did something happen with you and Tucker?" He guessed with caution. His eyes sweep over me, waiting for my answer.
"Fuck him, no."
"Really, tell me how you feel." He chuckled lightly.
"Head home. I'm done, or I'll swim home."
"Lucy, just give it time."
"No, I'm done," I yelled at him and walked out.
I made my way to the kitchen and pulled out the stuff to make coffee. I found the bag of coffee beans. I opened the bag, and it broke open, and the beans went flying. "Fuck you!" I screamed, feeling too many emotions.
"Lucy?"
I jumped when I heard Tucker behind me. I spun on my heel and walked towards the exit.
His arm shot out. "Easy there, killer, it's just coffee beans."
"Leave me alone." I hollered as I looked for the broom. I came back and started cleaning up my mess. They were freaking everywhere.
"Bad night?"
"Yes, I'm still here."
"Damn, that bad?"
"I'm leaving."
"What, why?"
"I can't be here, I'm a mess, and I just can't."
"Don't leave, please?"
I looked up and saw a man lost and hurt. He moved towards me. He was in front of me, leading me back until he'd pinned me to the counter. His hands-on are on either side of the counter. "Stay." He whispered in my ear.
"Tucker, I see I'm hurting you too; I need to love myself. Cause right now. I don't know who I am. My heart is broken. I can't give you what you want and what you deserve."
I felt his heart sink as he looked into my eyes. "Let me come with you?"
I was not expecting that.
"Why?"
"Because as much as I'm scared to be with you, I am more scared of losing you and never seeing you again." His palms are gentle as they settle on my jaw. "Or stay, and let's just be in the moment."
Tears filled my eyes. His hands moved and laid on my hips-the touch of his thumbs brushing over my skin under my shirt made me shiver from glowing tingles. I reached out and touched his face. I bite my lip, holding in a smile. His thumb brushed over my lip; his other hand was still on my hips, digging into my flesh. "Stay or go. I still want you."
"You've walked out on me twice, Tucker."
"I needed space. That kiss was amazing; then you were in tears over Jacob, guilty, I guess, for moving on."
How does he know?
His fingers rubbed the outer crest of my ear, softly sending tingles through me. "Let's not be enemies."
"You infuriate me and drive me crazy."
"You do the same to me. The more you yell and get angry with me, I want your bitchy mouth more."
"Haha, damn, you must be stupid or desperate to want any of this."
"Probably both." He winked at me with a crooked smile.
I playfully pushed on his chest. But he just surrounded me with his arms, not letting me go.
"Not yet." He hugged me, and damn he felt good. I felt the boat tilt, and we nearly lost our balance.
"Come back to bed. I missed cuddling with you." I was amazed to hear him say this.
"You missed me?"
"Crazy, I know, but yes. Now, let's go before I carry you back."
"So if I don't move, you'll carry me?"
"Get going!" He spun me and smacked my ass. A loud echo boomed off the walls. I started walking, halted at the door, and gazed back at him. His eyes were beautifully opaque as they ran over my body. "Beautiful."
I blushed as I walked away. We walked into his room. I laid down first. Then he started to undo his pants, then stopped. "Sorry, should I keep them on?" He consulted before proceeding.
"No, unless you want to."
"If it were up to me, I'd be naked, but I don't want to make you uncomfortable."
"What a gentleman," I smirked.
He shook his head as he got undressed down to his boxers. He slid in next to me. I curved my ass up as he shifted close to me, fastening his limbs around me. His hand rested on my thigh. The swarming heat and tingles awoke in me. "Get some sleep." He kissed my neck as I eased off to sleep.