x

Dear Senator Bonteri,

I went to your apartment to see if you were there today, just to talk and reminisce, but you were gone. I assume you were likely back on Onderon or something, doing whatever it is that Senators do.

The door was open, however, and I felt something inside calling to be through the force. I didn't know what it was, I wanted to leave, I felt it was not a good idea to just break into your apartment when you were gone, but whatever it was that was calling to me was too strong to not investigate.

I entered your apartment, it was small, but cozy. I bet you and Lily had a good time when you were there. I followed the force to your bedroom, and found it was leading me to a drawer on your nightstand. I hesitated before opening it, and inside I found a small folded piece of paper and a box.

When I picked up the piece of paper, I unfolded it and saw that it was a note. A note addressed to... me. I hesitantly read it, and what I read broke my heart, I sat there and cried for what seemed like hours. I read it over and over again, and at this point I have it memorized:

"Dear Ahsoka,

I wanted to give this to you in the coffee shop, but I just couldn't bring myself to do this face to face. I love you Ahsoka Tano. I'm crazy about you... I love everything about you. I only regret that we won't ever be able to be together. You're a Jedi, it just wouldn't work.

I need to move on. I don't know if we'll ever see each other again, but it's probably for the best. It would be too hard on me to see you again, knowing that I can never be with you. I just thought you deserved to know before we parted.

I got you this bracelet to remember me by incase we never see each other again. I need to move past you, forget about you, but I'm not sure I can. I love you Ahsoka Tano.

With Love,

Lux Bonteri"

I opened the box, and saw the most beautiful bracelet. It had a silver band and in the middle had a bright blue gem that matched my eyes. I put it on, and my eyes started to water again. I wondered why you never gave it to me. Did you even try? Did you even know what happened to me? So many questions flew around my mind. Questions I'll probably never receive the answers to.

I took the note and bracelet with me and left. You had probably forgotten about them anyways, just like you forgot about me.