xxii

Ahsoka POV

In the following days, Rex and I helped to train any people that volunteered for the rebellion. We rounded up as many blasters as we could find from fallen stormtroopers and gave them to the rebels. It felt just like the good ol' days, except there were no droids, which meant no trouble messing with droid poppers or tanks. I smiled and giggled remembering Lux and Saw's first attempt to take out the tank.

"What's so funny?" Lux asked breaking me away from my memories.

"Oh nothing. Just remembering the time you fell off the tank trying to take it down in practice, and the ensuing fight between you and Saw."

Rex laughed, remembering perfectly well what I was talking about. Lux blushed and turned away. "Not my greatest moment," he said sheepishly.

I patted him on the back. "Well at least you got it right when it mattered." I didn't wait for a response, as Rex and I needed to get back to training the people how to use the blasters. Some of them had never touched a blaster before, so it was a challenge for sure, but nothing Rex and I couldn't handle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lux and I were just sitting in the throne room, working over different defensive strategies, when his comm beeped.

"This is Lux Bonteri," he answered.

"Lux it's Owex... He's here," we heard over the comm.

"Who's here?" I asked.

"Vader and he's... AHHHH." We heard a lightsaber slash, and then the comm went silent.

"Owex! OWEX!" Lux shouted, there was no response.

Panicking, I grabbed my comm and gave Rex a call. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Commander, there's only one, but it looks like he's a Sith Lord. He's cutting through us like we're nothing!"

"Rex abort! Get out of there! You guys won't be able to stop him!"

"But Commander, he'll come right to you!"

"Rex you guys are no good dead. Fall back to the fuel depot and protect it from a possible surprise invasion."

"But-"

"No buts Rex... this is an order."

"Okay... good luck Ahsoka." He ended the communication.

There was a silence between Lux and I as we both took in everything. Ana- no Vader was here, and he was no doubt here for Lux and I.

"Ahsoka... what are we going to do?" Lux asked.

"I-I don't know," I said defeatedly. For the first time in my life, I was lost. I had no idea what to do. Normally this is where Anakin would come up with some crazy plan, that no one thought would work, but it ended up working out. "I guess I'll have to face him."

"No Ahsoka! We can run, flee to the mountains!"

"No Lux, I must do this. Just stay behind the throne, and I'll handle it. Do EXACTLY as I say."

He nodded and without saying a word walked to hide behind the throne. I sat down, facing away from the door in a meditation pose. I was trying to gather all the strength I could in order to be at my best for the impending battle.

After a few moments, I heard a presence nearing, and finally the door flew open. I didn't have to look to know who it was. I stood up, still facing away from him. Slowly, I turned to face the mechanized man.