xiv

Lux POV

Something big just happened. The Emperor held an emergency meeting of the senate a few days ago where he told us of a plot by the Jedi to overthrow the senate. Doesn't surprise me really, they were always corrupt and never the "peacekeepers" they claimed to be. He told us that he had the clones carry out a command called "Order 66", which was an order to turn on and execute the Jedi for treason. For a second, my mind wandered to her, but I quickly stopped the thoughts. She was strong and could take care of herself. 

The chancellor went on to claim that a majority of them were killed, but some had survived and would rise again to try to overthrow the senate, so to prevent this he would have the remaining Jedi hunted down and killed. Seemed like a good idea to me.

He then went on to say that the Republic would be reorganized into the First Galactic Empire. It was honestly a good move in my opinion. Everyone would be united under one rule, to ensure justice and security for all. It didn't really matter to me what it was called, or who was in power, I would continue to do my job as normal.

Speaking of my job, the chancellor asked to speak to my privately. I was confused at first, but he told me he was very proud and happy with my work the last couple months, and he wanted me to be the new king of Onderon, Dendup had recently passed, and a new king was yet to be named. I graciously accepted, I would now be able to rule over my people and help them more directly.

The Emperor sent me back to Onderon to be coronated. He gave me a squad of stormtroopers and walkers as an escort, and to help keep order during the transition of power from not only Dendup to me, but from the Republic to the Empire. He really was a great man, so wise and kind.

I arrived to Onderon to massive crowds. Everyone was excited for me to be named king. There was a general consensus throughout the planet that I would take over for Dendup, but nothing had been made official yet. Now that it was, they celebrated for their new king. The coronation was beautiful, and I was made the youngest ever king of Onderon. It was one of the best days of my life.

The Emperor was king enough to send me more storm troopers and walkers to help keep the people safe and in order. It greatly helped my rule, as the crime rate plummeted. Onderon was finally safe and virtually crime free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka POV

It was a good few months before I finally had to go into the city. In those months, I had lived in relative peace and quiet. No one had bothered me save the random curious animal. My reason for going into the city was that I needed to buy bandages, as I had cut myself falling down a hill while hunting. It wasn't a bad cut, but it made me realize that I have no medical supplies, which could be a problem if I were to get more seriously injured.

Throwing on my cloak, and brining a backpack to hold the supplies, I made my way into the city. I was lucky that I had a few credits left, which I hoped would be enough for a small first aid kit, or at least bandages or gauze.

When I reached the city gates, I froze. There was tons of security. People in armor similar to the clones, but slightly different, roamed the outskirts along with large grey walkers. It was an intimidating sight, and I wondered why there would be such heavy security.

After getting my wits about me, I continued to walk across the bridge to the entrance. right before I could enter the city, I was stopped by a trooper.

"Identification please," he asked extending his hand.

I was confused, what identification was he talking about? I'd never needed any identification before, and I certainly didn't have any. "Uhm I don't have any," I said trying to hide the panic in my voice.