xix

Ahsoka POV

Rex and I packed up the speeder, getting ready to leave.

"Are you sure you don't want to help me Ben?" I asked.

"I would love to Ahsoka, I miss the rush of battle, but duty calls. I must stay here and watch over young Luke, and train him when the time comes. He is going to play a huge role in the fate of the galaxy."

"I understand," I said sadly.

Obi-Wan and I bowed to each other. "May the force be with you Ahsoka Tano," he said to me. I nodded and turned to head back to the speeder where Rex was waiting.

"So he's not coming?" Rex asked me.

I shook my head. "No, he must stay and protect Luke."

Rex solemnly nodded and we both entered the speeder.I quickly fell asleep, as I was very tired because I was having nightmares all last night and couldn't sleep. Nightmares of Anakin, Padme, and others close to me dying. I also saw a man dressed in black armor. I had no clue who he was, and all he did was stand there and breath mechanically. 

I woke up to Rex shaking me. Groggily I opened my eyes to see him smiling down at me.

"Come on, get up sleepy head. We're back in Mos Eisley."

I yawned and stretched my arms out, then hopped out of the speeder.

"Thank you Rex, for everything you've done for me since I got here. I will come visit you once this is all over."

I turned to walk around but he grabbed my arm. "Woah kid. Where do you think you're going?"

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean? I'm going to get on a transport that will take me back to Onderon so I can carry out my attack."

"And you think I'm letting you go alone? No chance. I'm coming with you whether you like it or not," he said defiantly.

"Rex, i'm flattered, but I can do this myself. I'm not the little girl I was when I left. Do you even have your equipment still?"

"Of course I do! It's in my apartment," he replied. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "And I know how strong you are, but I'm still coming with you. I couldn't bare the thought of something happening to you when I could've been there to stop it."

I smiled and nodded. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's get your stuff and get out of here!"

Rex led me to the apartment, which wasn't far from where we were. Once inside, I saw that it was just a small place with two rooms: a bedroom, and then a living space with a small kitchen. It reminded me of the makeshift house I had built back on Onderon.

Rex led me to the bed room, and I saw a closet. He opened the closet, and inside was his clone armor and blaster. He put the armor on, and it looked just as it had the last time I saw him.

"So, how do I look?" Rex asked spinning around.

"Just how I remember," I said smiling. I then realized something on the blue shoulder plate he wore, there was something painted in white. It looked vaguely like my facial markings. I walked closer and soon realized that it was in fact my facial markings painted on his shoulder. I reached out a shaky hand and touched it, tears forming in my eyes. I looked up at Rex, who had a smile plastered on his face.

"I know it's a bit crude, but after you left each of the members of the 501st painted it on their armor somewhere. Some put it on their helmets, some on their chest, others on their shoulder like me. It was something we did so we would never forget out little sister."