xxi

Ahsoka POV

We pulled out of the hug and Lux placed his hands on my shoulder.

"Ahsoka, thank you for freeing me from the shackles of darkness and bringing me back. I love you."

I was taken aback by this. I frowned and sighed. "Lux," I started, "I've spent the last five plus years hating you for what you did to me. I don't think I can just flip the switch all of a sudden and love you again."

He looked developed by what I said. I felt bad, but I just couldn't not yet. "I understand. I was a fool all those years ago, and I just want a chance to make it all right."

"Let's just take it slow. Start out as friends again, and then maybe we can be something more." Lux nodded in reply, and we hugged again.

"Thanks, friend," he said smiling. I smiled back.

Suddenly I heard a beep from the comm Rex had given me. "Everything alright in there Commander? i haven't heard anything in a while."

"Yes, everything is fine Rex. You can come in now."

"Got it." With that, Rex came bursting through the door, blasters still raised and ready. I laughed seeing him, but as soon as he saw Lux, he pointed his blasters at him. "What's he still doing alive? We came here to kill him remember?"

"I-" Lux cut me off.

"Long time no see Captain Rex." He lowered his blasters and I could tell Rex was analyzing his voice and face, and could see the realization on it when he figured out who it was.

He raised his blasters again, and aimed them at Lux. "Ahsoka this is even more reason to kill him! He hurt you, made you leave me, leave Anakin, everyone! He deserves to die for that! Not to mention everything he did to Onderon!"

I stepped in between Lux and Rex's blasters. "No Rex. We can't kill him. He wants a chance to make everything right."

Rex skeptically lowered his blasters, and I sighed in relief. "So just like that you're gonna forget everything he did and run back to him?"

"No Rex, we're going slow. Just friends right now, maybe more later, maybe never. I don't know. My emotions are all mixed up, and I'm still not sure I 100% trust him."

Rex nodded seemingly okay with what I had said. He turned to Lux. "Just know kid, if you try to pull any funny stuff, I won't hesitate to put a blaster bolt through your skull," Rex said coldly. I laughed but Lux looked like he had seen a ghost. Rex was not a person to cross. When he got angry it was bad.

After a few moments of intense stare down from Rex, I stood up and brought Lux with me. He seemed to come back to his sense after the threat on his life. 

"So what now?" He asked.

"You go publicly denounce the Empire, claim Onderon to be a free system. I will go with you for the announcement," I replied.

"What about all the stormtroopers?" Rex questioned. "As soon as you make this statement, they will turn and try to kill you."

"Well Captain," Lux started, "you two killed pretty much every stormtrooper in Iziz. They were all protecting me because I thought you'd attack here."

"Alright... then what of the Empire? As soon as the Emperor hears of this, he'll send an entire fleet to try and regain Onderon," Rex pointed out.

"But we'll have time to gather a small army hopefully. It'll be just like the first rebellion we staged here," I said smiling.

"Alright then. If we've got everything squared away, I guess it's time to do this," Lux said confidently. He strode out to the balcony of the throne room and I flipped up my hood and followed him. The balcony overlooked the central plaza, though no one was there. This would have to be a televised speech, luckily, there was a recorder on the balcony already for such occasions.