Epilogue

Ahsoka POV

I was in the garden on the castle meditating, trying to talk to him. I did this everyday since his death. I had heard stories from Anakin and Obi-Wan that it was possible to commune with dead Jedi, so I thought maybe it would work with a non-Jedi. Despite no response in the last fifteen years, I continued to try day after day. I would come into the garden, where there were blue flowers with orange stripes going in random directions, no one flower was the same.

Lux and I had sat here a few days before the attack. He told me that he found the flowers while on a diplomatic mission to Raxus and that they reminded him of me. He said he had a bunch of them imported and planted back here. According to him, he'd come back here and sit by them often, thinking about me, bringing back the good memories he said. 

I smiled now. Now I was doing the same thing, but thinking of him. A single tear rolled down my cheek. I missed him so much, more than words could describe. I had thought of ending it all and joining him, but I couldn't. I had made a promise to him to serve Onderon, and I intended to keep that promise until my final breath.

In my time as Queen of Onderon, the people had returned to their happy, healthy sate. The economy was booming, and the Empire had been kept out. We had helped the Rebellion to attempt to overthrow the Empire, though mostly indirectly. I wished I could get involved in battle, but I had a duty to the people here on Onderon. Mostly I supplied them with any information I could, and any supplies or troops they needed. The military here was one of the most powerful in the galaxy, under mine and Rex's command.

I sighed. Rex's death still weighed on me. He had died about a year ago due to old age. Being a clone, his genetic timeline was sped up, so despite us being about the same age, he was physically much older than me.

I was still sitting there, trying to contact Lux, when I felt something. It was deep down inside of me, a bond that had not been present for nearly twenty years. However, just as soon as it came, it was gone again.

I smiled as I realized what had happened. Vader had been redeemed, Anakin was back. He had probably been brought back by his son, Luke, and then done something to save him, ending in his death. He truly was the Chosen One, everything felt peaceful and balanced now.

I just continued meditating and smiling, when suddenly I felt a presence behind me. Without even turning around I knew who it was, and my smile grew.

"Hey Snips," he said softly.

"Long time no see Skyguy," I replied. I opened my eyes and turned around to see a smiling Anakin. He was covered in a blueish-green outline, but he was still Anakin.

"You got old," he said with a smirk.

"And you got green," I said laughing. There was a silence between us for a few moments.

"So he did it huh?" I asked, breaking said silence.

"Yup, but not without your help."

"What did I do?"

"Do you not remember our battle? When my eyes flashed blue for a second? You were the first one to plant the seeds of doubt in Vaders mind, and allow me to start fighting for control again. I-I just wish I had been stronger then..." He trailed off and I knew what he meant. I frowned and walked over to him.

"Anakin, it wasn't your fault."

"I know, but I still feel like it is."

"Master, I forgive you." At that, he smiled once again.

"Thank you Ahsoka, but I am no longer your master." I looked at him confused. He forced me down onto one knee, and drew his lightsaber.

"We are all Jedi. The Force speaks through us. Through our actions, the Force proclaims itself and what is real. Today we are here to acknowledge what the Force has proclaimed." He spoke. I smiled as tears of joy welled in my eyes. I knew what was happening and I had dreamed of it since I first became Anakin's padawan.