tragedy strikes

now it's just you payton and chase.

C | is there a restroom?

y/n | yeah right over there.

you point chase to the bathroom.

P | same place at 6?

y/n | yup.

you couldn't say much more because of camera's but you knew what he was talking about.

P | how about i take a candy bar. how about kit-kats?

y/n | you still have to pay for it.

P | i know. you want something?

y/n | skittles.

P | so you like fruity flavors over chocolate. i'll keep that in mind.

he grabs the skittles and puts 5$ on the counter.

P | keep the change.

y/n | you don't have to payton. keep your money.

then a group of men walk inside.

man 1 | are you y/n

you get kind of scared.

y/n | uhh-

P | no actually she isn't working right now. but i'm her brother and i can pass a message.

y/n | payton!

man 2 | she doesn't have a brother?

P | common mistake they try to keep my identity private so things like this don't happen.

man 1 | good enough for me.

the third man picks up payton by his shirt and beating him up. you start screaming as he throws him to the ground and starts throwing punches.

y/n | NO! STOP! GET OFF OF HIM! PLEASE!

one of the men turn to and grab your throat.

man 2 | if you say one word to anyone we'll know where to find you.

you knee him where it hurts and he let's go and starts to come at you. before you know it police show up. they take the men away in handcuffs. you run over to payton. he is bruised badly and his wrist is bend the wrong way. you kneel down and put your hand on his cheek.

y/n | payton. payton can you hear me?

payton groans and chase walks over. you begin to cry.

C | MEDIC!! WE NEED A MEDIC OVER HERE.

people come rushing over.

medic | we still have a pulse. we are going to take him to the hospital.

C | can we ride with him.

medic | of course come with us quick.

they put payton in the back and you sit back there crying. chase looks at your neck.

C | holy shit y/n what did they do to you?

y/n | nothing. it doesn't matter i'm fine.

you grab payton's hand and hold it close. soon you arrive to the hospital and they take him away. you continue crying and chase wraps his arms around you while he's crying too. you hug him back. chase's hug were so comforting. nurses take you to the waiting room. you and chase sit in there you lean your head on his shoulder. you see nick walk into the waiting room. you run over to him and give him a huge hug.

y/n | nick!

you start sobbing again. you let go and look at him. he instantly sees your neck.

N | what the hell?! what happened?

y/n | it doesn't matter.

you give him another hug. he wraps his arms around you tight. you didn't want to let go you felt terrible for letting payton do that for you. you sit down with chase and nick. you hold nicks hand and wait for a nurse to come in. an hour or two passes and a nurse walks up to you.

nurse | payton is in room 247 if you want to go see him.

y/n | thank you!

you walk really fast to payton's room. he is still asleep. you walk up next to his bed and tear up. nick puts his hand on your shoulder. you take payton's hand. the nurse walks back in.

nurse | i'm glad you made it here. he will still be asleep for awhile but you are welcome to stay as long as you need.

all | thank you.

C | i'm going to go get food. y'all want to come with.

N | yeah i'm down. y/n come on.

y/n | no.

N | come on it will only take a few minutes.

y/n | no.

nick grabs your shoulder. you push his hand off.

y/n | i said no!!

N | okay fine. we'll be right back.

when they leave you start crying. you hold on to payton's hand and talk to him.

y/n | first day i met you i didn't think i'd get to know much more than your name. but i've spent some time with you and it feels like i've known you forever. you will do anything for your friends. you took the fall for me. i could never ever repay you for what you did back there. it shows how much you cared. payton, please come back.

this chapter took a turn for the worst. come back tomorrow for an update:)