Chapter 8.

Chapter 8. The Appearance Of A Strange Girl

Today Overhaul enrolled me into a local highschool saying that he was best to "fit in" as I was his "secret weapon".

I find myself becoming more obedient as the days go by. My "training" hasn't started but I was told it would start soon. Too soon. I've gotten idea on what it would be but my mind refuses to accept it. He wouldn't be that cruel... Would He?

I hear a knock at the door and a voice of one of the Yakuza members telling it was time to get 'cause I had school.

It's been a while since I went last to school. It's been to long that I no longer find the motivation to get up and ready. Not like I had a lot in middle school. Today would be the second week for most highschools. UA started then. I wonder if Kacchan got in..

As I'm lost in my thoughts, wondering what happened to the others. Overhaul comes into my room.

"You're training starts today. Get straight back after you finish. Also get up before you regret it."

And with that he left.

I forced myself out of my hard lump I call my bed and into the corner of the closet where I just chucked The unopened packets of my uniform for the school. It's nothing special like UA. Just a local highschool. If I had my way I wouldn't go at all. Though, if I had my way I would be dead.

I've been isolated from Eri a lot more these days. I wonder what she's up to..

I slid off my shirt and I chuck it into the pile of dirty clothes that I have yet to take care of. I get distracted as look at my bare chest in the mirror. I've gotten more fit and I was actually buff for the first time in.. forever. 

My chest and arms were filled with new scars since I lost them after I was saved by Eri that day. I seem to have more than I did before. I've gotten used to seeing blood as Overhaul drags me to his jobs. I felt sick the first couple of times but then I just went... numb.

I snap out of my thoughts as I finish getting dressed.
The uniform wasn't anything special. Just a plain white shirt and black pants. There was an option of a tie but I chose not to wear it. I was never really good at doing ties anyway. I slip on the oversized beige sweater and grab the black bag on the other side of the room after shoving the necessities into it. I pick up my phone and examine it for a while, lost in thoughts. I got a new phone thanks to Overhaul. And a new Note Book that I'm told to carry around me at all times in case I encounter a hero, I have to record everything I can. I snap out of my thoughts and plug in my earphones and press shuffle on my very familiar playlist. I don't listen as it's just to block out the outside noise instead of entertaining me. I sling the small backpack over my back and grab my signature red shoes that are just a few sizes too big and I make my way out the door, slipping on the shoes as I walk out the door.

Just as I'm about to close the door, a small figure runs out and hugs me, tightly. I unplug one of my earphones to see who just attacked me. As I look down I see a familiar head, filled with pale blue locks. I smile softly and place a hand on top of her head.
"Hey Eri. How are you?"
Eri Unburies her head and looks up at me, not letting go of me.
"The usual. I just wanted say goodbye to you! Goodluck at school!"
"Thanks Eri."
I pat her head softly.
"I'll see you this afternoon."
Eri nods and let's go of me, stepping a few steps back she then waves with her tiny bandaged hand. I smile softly and wave back as I put the earphone back into my ear and start to walk to the highschool.

As I arrive in front of a big black gate, I take a deep breath.
"This is going to be different from middle school." I mumbled to myself as I walk onto the school grounds.

As I'm about to step into the school I'm stopped by the teacher. I pause my music and take out my earphones, not answering but having my attention on him.
"You must be new?"
I nod.
"I was enrolled recently."
"Oh I'll get someone to show you around."
"That's not need-"
"Nonsense!"
I flinch ever so slightly at his loud booming voice. Great.. an enthusiastic teacher..
"Toga!"
As he said that a girl in the same uniform and messy blonde buns skips over to us.
"What's up teach?"
The teacher places a hand on my shoulder. Disgusting.. it's sweaty. Overhaul has got to me.
"This is a new student. Umm.."
He looks to me, I assume he was asking for my name.
"Izuku. Izuku Midoriya."
"This is the new student Midoriya! And I thought since you're a second year you'll show Midoriya around!"
"Sure thing Teach!"
"Thanks!"
The teacher then leaves and I go to put back in my earphones but am stopped by the second year chick hanging on my arm. I didn't pay attention to her name.
"Ya know! You're really cute Izu-Kun!"
"Uh... thanks?"
She laughs.
"I'm Himiko! Himiko Toga! I'm a second year here!"
"I'm a first year."
"Oh so your younger than me! What's your age?"
"15."
"Cool! I'm 16! Well. Until my birthday."
"What's your blood type!?"
"Eh? Why would you want to know that?"
"I love blood!"
"Uh Okay.. I've got O."
"What about your quirk!?"
I go silent.
"Hm? Did I say something wrong?"
"I need to change my shoes."
"So do I! I'll go with you!"
We walk in and change our shoes and then Toga then comes back up to me, practically hanging off of me.
"So tell me your quirk Izu-Kun!"
"I don't have one."
"You're quirkless? Wow! I've never met one before! What's it's like!?"
Her reaction surprised me. I wasn't used to people reacting that way.
"Uh..."
"C'mon you can tell me somewhere else! We have plenty of time!"
And with that I was dragged to a more secluded area of the school.
"Now tell me! Tell me!"
Toga was practically jumping up and down.
"It's a long story.."
"Okay! Let's make a deal! I'll tell you my quirk and all that and you tell me your situation! And we make a blood vow that we will not tell anyone!"
"I guess that can work.."

I think I've just made the first friend that's my age.