Chapter 23.

Chapter 23. A Second Chance For Eri

Third Person's P.O.V
The sounds of short breaths and many heavy footsteps could be heard from the dark alleyway that Overhaul and Eri were currently situated. Eri, scared for her life and her tiny body covered in bloodied bandages ran as fast as her tiny legs could carry her, her feet started to sting at this point as she was barefooted. She fought herself for a steady breath as she tried to get further and further from Overhaul who was slowly walking after her, an angered expression lay on his face.

As Eri just started to see the light at the end of the narrow space between the two large buildings that she was currently in, her big toe got caught in a raised part of the cement and she fell, face first, her arms out to try and cat herself from the fall. She lay there shocked before the sound of the daunting footsteps filled her ears again. She scrambled to a position where she was sitting up, facing Overhaul and used her hands and legs to frantically get away from overhaul. Tears sting her eyes, threatening to fall at any moment as she felt exhausted from trying to escape overhaul.

In her attempt, she suddenly felt something against her back and Overhaul's footsteps became to a stop. Eri quickly stood up to see what she had bumped into, grateful for the distraction of Overhaul. Expecting a pole or some sort of an object, she was surprised to find a tall blonde man in a bright hero costume. His hair was spiky but also seemed fluffy, he was fairly well built and he had the number 1 million on the torso of the hero costume. Eri stared in awe, stunned by the bright colours the strange man wore. And then, a thought popped into her head. It was risky.. extremely risky.. but she had to escape and find Deku. To see if he was okay after what he heard he had been though. So she went for it.

"Y-You gotta help me!! T-That man was chasing me and trying to hurt me!" Eri screamed as she hid behind the blonde guy in the Hero suit.
"Eri. What are you talking about? You're just being disobedient. I'm so sorry for the disturbance young hero, my daughter can be quite unruly sometimes."
Eri grabbed onto his cape, determined to not let go.
"H-He's lying! I-I'm not his child!!"
Eri saw the concern in Mirio, the young hero's eyes and then she saw Overhaul reach for his glove, threatening for it to come off and use his devastating quirk. Eri flinched, silently praying for him not to take him back and for her to be free.

And then, a Gunshot could be heard, everyone around the area heard and turned their heads to where it came from after reviving from the shock of the loud bang. And there Overhaul lay, on the ground in a puddle of blood pooling around the limp body. Eri screamed and hid herself behind Mirio. Mirio then picked up Eri, consoling her looking around for the culprit of the gunfire and saw no one, then getting out his phone and calling pro heroes and the police to investigate this matter.

???'s P.O.V
Hidden in the shadows I brought my phone up to my ear.
"Overhaul's Dead. The drugs weren't with him so we should raid the Yakuza base next. Also, Shigaraki was his really necessary to use a gun?"
On the other line I could hear the crusty voice of Shigaraki.
"Yes Dabi, your fire would be discovered."
I sigh as I hung up and headed back to the base of the League of Villains.

————
Hey guys! So I know I said last chapter how I would post daily, well yeah I don't think that's gonna happen sorry! 😣😣
I don't have the energy nor the inspiration to write daily but I will try and do it often! Thanks for sticking with me and I hope you like this chapter!

See you in the next chapter!! 💖💗💞💝💓💘💕