Chapter 12.

Chapter 12. Shouto Todoroki

Shouto Todoroki P.O.V
My life is considered lucky by other people. But to me. It's hell. No. It's worse.
"Oh you're a famous hero's son!? That's so cool! I bet you get all the good stuff!"
"Dude, if you showed more of your emotions the ladies wouldn't be able to keep away from you. Though that's how it already is. Lucky bastard."
Those were the constant conversations I would have in middle school. But if it was any other hero, I would be jumping up and down in a fit of joy. It would be like before I got my quirk. Well, almost. See, I lucked out. I don't Endeavour. As my father.
I know what your thinking. But that's the #2 Hero!
Although that is the truth, he is far from a hero.

Quirk Marriages.
That was his first mistake when starting a family.
My mother's relatives sold off my mother to my father. He didn't find somebody he genuinely loved. He just sought the power of the combination of both quirks.

Having children.
Mistake number 2.
His first child, Touya, had a fire quirk like much himself. He was upset that it wasn't a combination but nonetheless, trained him. Touya fought hard to win his approval but nothing worked as Endeavour wanted his children to be the best of the best, not just a copy of himself. This resulted in Touya running away to god knows where when I was only 7.
His second child, Fuyumi, had an ice quirk much like mother's. She was straight up neglected.
His third child, Natsuo, also had an ice quirk and also neglected.
And then, his last child, me, Shouto. I was his perfect child. What he had hopped for. A combination of both Fire and Ice.

Mistake number 3.
Me, Shouto Todoroki.
Since I was the perfect prodigy I was thrown into training as soon as I showed signs of my quirk manifesting. I was trained day in, day out. Always to the point where I was throwing up the contents of my stomach onto the wooden floor of the training room. Mother would step in between myself and Father and they would start a screaming match over me. Touya would come in, covered in bandages from trying to impress father but just being beaten instead. Only beinging about 13-14 at the time, Touya tried to distract me of what was going on just in the other room, but I couldn't block out the yelling. I couldn't block out the crashing of the contents of the room. I couldn't block out the screams of my mother as she got hit with the force of my father's hand or fist. I would see Fuyumi or Touya run into the training room, trying to get mother away from father and I just found myself breaking down in tears as Touya frantically tried to calm me down while my other siblings tried to pry
Our injured mother away from our raging father. I thought that this wouldn't have happened if I wasn't

I often found myself looking at the other siblings playing in the courtyard of our house. I smiled as I watched them before my father forcefully dragged my to the train room, me looking back towards the worried stares of the others. I was never allowed to play with them. I was always told they were just a distraction.

This routine carried on for another 2 years before my mother had finally snapped.

I remember this so vividly.

I woke up in the middle of one night to get a glass of water from the kitchen and I found my mother over the stove, boiling water while she was on the phone.
"I-I can't do this.. Shouto is starting to look more and more like that wretched... thing!"
I remember feeling mortified after hearing that. I decided if I would quickly get what I was looking for and get out of there but as I walked over to the sink, I knocked into the table and my mother turned, a psychotic look on her face. 
What happened next was kinda blurry, mother grabbed the kettle and poured to just boiled water onto my face. She then frantically used her ice quirk where she poured the water in attempt to make it better. She ended up overusing her quirk. She shouldn't of her used her quirk. It was my fire side so I wouldn't of been effected. But the frost burn, that hurt. A lot. I screamed in pain as this was happening but a small part of me thought that this was what I deserved but the other, bigger part of me despised my father.
"This wouldn't have happened if you were just a good father!" I would often think and sometimes even yell to his face. Touya went missing just after mother was emitted into a mental hospital.

The training became worse and worse as I grew older and with Touya and Mother not there to support me it was even worse to a young child. Fuyumi and Natsuo were trying their best but as soon as Natsuo could, he went off into college to escape father and there was so much Fuyumi.

I became closed off and learnt to not care and show my emotions less as I was always taught that they were weaknesses.

None of Endeavour's children when into heroism. Touya is nowhere to be seen, father even seems to think that he's dead. Fuyumi chose to stay home and help keep the household in check. Natsuo went off to college to study some subject major. And then there's me. Not going into Heroism. But Villainy. I was still forced to enroll into a Hero Course but when I told Shigaraki he said it was a good advantage we had over the heroes.

How did I become a villain?

Growing up with Endeavour makes you loose hope in heroes and honesty even humanity. You start to realise people's true intentions and see them for yourself. You start to see that Heroes are just in it for the Fame, Glory and Money. They don't want to help anyone. It's just a well paying job. I grew a hatred to heroes and a massive one.
Shigaraki found me walking the low lit streets of the night, covered in fresh cuts and bruises from a training session just before hand. He asked me why I had those injuries and I reluctantly told him. He smirked and then asked me to join him. He told me what he does and why he does it and it sounded exactly like my motives so I joined him.

Shigaraki showed me the ropes to Villainy. Teaching me ways to kill, clean up and leave no evidence, keep myself hidden as I was their "secret weapon" and how to get information out of someone.

My first killing was definitely and experience but I don't need to bore you with the details. But that gets you up to speed with my life so far. Like I said. It is an absolute shit hole.