Chapter 9.

Chapter 9. Blood Vows & Friendships

"Do you think it's necessary to do the blood vow?"
"That's a must Izu-Kun!"
"Uh.. Okay.."
Toga was definitely strange but she nice. I like her. She may just be my first friend that I have ever made.
"I got a needle!"
Toga smiles as she whips out a needle. Like a full on medical needle.
"Uh.. why do you have that?"
"You'll see!"
Toga grabs my hand and pricks the tip of my pinky finger and then she pricks the tip of her pinky finger as well. We then intertwine our two pinky fingers, our blood intertwining.
"We now vow to never leak this information to anyone!"
I smile slightly as we place our hands back down.
"So should you go first or should I?"
"You can go Toga."
"Okay! So my quirk is basically if I consume someone's blood I can turn into them voice mimicked and all! I can't replicate their quirk however."
"Is that why you have a medical needle?"
"Yep! But I'm actually surprised! Most people get sick when I tell them my quirk of they just run away. I mean I do have a quirk that's most suited for villainy after all!"
"Then why not just join the villains?"
Toga Laughs.
"That's sorta Silly!"
I Shrug.
"Ya know you seem to be the type who would have went to UA! Like you worshiped Heroes! So why would you suggest me joining the villains?"
"I used to idolise Heroes..."
"What happened?"
"Reality Happened."
"Well! It's your turn now anyways so tell me your story!!"
"So I've never met my father and my mother died 2nd year of middle school. Being quirkless before she died was alright because I had her. She was framed for committing a crime that they refused to tell me. After she died my life turned to hell. I started getting bullied constantly because my mother was a "criminal" I constantly had bandages. I moved into my childhood "friends" house but even he bullied me. Saying stuff like I should do a swan dive off the roof and I might be born with a quirk in my next life. Anyways. By the end of 3rd year of middle school I had enough. I was diagnosed with server depression and I was ready to embrace that. I cut everyday and one day I cut so much that I fainted due to blood loss I thought I was going to die then and there but I woke up. In a hospital. I spent a week there. Therapy and drugs shoved down my Throat. Monitored almost 24/7 then I had an opportunity to jump. So I did. 25 floors above the ground. I fell right onto the ground. And that was when I was certain I was going to die. End my suffering. And then. I was saved by someone's quirk."
"What was the quirk?"
"She could reverse time of any object! It's such an awesome quirk! See here's the the information I have on it!" I handed my notebook over to her with the page filled with Eri's information in it.
"I was taken in by the Y- Oh I guess I shouldn't say that."
Toga handed me back my notebook.
"Go on! I won't tell! We made a blood vow!"
"I was taken in by the Yakuza. Most people think I'm dead."
"Wow! That's so cool! You're like a fugitive now!"
I laugh.
"I guess."

The bell rung to indicate that it was now for everyone to go home. As I changed my shoes and walked to the gate, I saw Toga waiting for me. She waved as I walked over to her.
"Wanna walk home together Izu-Kun?"
"Sure. I Don't mind."
"Yay!"
She practically tackled me and held onto my arm. I felt the looks of others and heard the small whispers but I ignored them.

I finally had a friend.

As Toga and I started on the walk back, I noticed that we seem to live in the same direction as each other.
"So! Izu-Kun?"
"What's up?"
"Why'd you choose this school? It doesn't seem like the type you exactly aim for."
"I hadn't planned on going to any school. I planned of ending my life, remember."
"I know that but still!" Toga Pouts.
"UA."
"Hm?" Toga looked at me confused.
"That's the school I originally dreamed of going. But you can't be a hero without a quirk..."
I had a quick flashback to one day, before joining the Yakuza, I had met All Might on a rooftop when I was planning on jumping. I had asked him if he thought it was possible to become a hero without a quirk. And that's when it dawned on me. His words were sharp and cruel. I could never become hero. That if I wanted to help people I should become a police officer or something. Then he left. I started to cry. The dream that my mother had wished I would have succeeded in, vanished in a puff of smoke. It had disappeared just like that. As soon as my idol said those words of reality. I then found myself running home, tears still flowing from my eyes and ripping of the posters of All Might that filled my room, ripping them into pieces and placing them into a plastic trash bag, harshly throwing in all the other merchandise that filled my room and dragged it down and threw it straight into the trash. Mitsuki And Masaru looking at me with pity as they had always did.
"I was told that by All Might himself. So I gave up on my dream."
"Heroes are good for nothing anyways!"
I laugh at Toga's little outburst as we approach the Yakuza's base.
"Oh. We're here."
Just as I was about to say goodbye to Toga, Eri ran out of the base in terror, bumping into me and falling onto her bottom. She looked up and as she realised it was me, she jumped up and hugged me.
"Deku!!"
"Eri!? What's wrong?"
My eyes lay upon the bloodied bandages.
"That time again?"
I look at Eri sadly a she nods her head.
I pick her up as I stand up from crouching. Overhaul then comes out of the base, looking for Eri.
"Ah. Deku. You're home."
I nod.
He then notices Toga that is still behind me.
"And you are?"
"I'm Himiko Toga! Izu-Kun's friend!"
"Ah So you made a friend Deku. That's good. Now go take Eri inside we should start your training soon. I nod my head again and walk inside after waving a quick goodbye to Toga.