Chapter 17.

Chapter 17. A Cruel World Indeed

Shouto Todoroki's P.O.V
I scan my train card on the censor, the gate opening, allowing me to enter through. I drink the green tea I had gotten as I stare at my phone, walking down to the platform, awaiting my train to come and take to me to UA high.

It's been a couple weeks since my encounter with Izuku Midoriya and I couldn't take my mind off of him.
"I guess our situations aren't all that different"
I recalled the conversation I had with him and I remembered that what made him that way was.
Someone I knew.
Someone in my class.
Katsuki Bakugo.

Just what did he do to him for him to want to commit suicide?
I know Bakugo is an asshole and doesn't think about his actions, but to make someone try to commit suicide? I don't think he would do something like that. He wants to be a damn hero after all.

As I look up I noticed that my train had arrived. I stepped into the crowed carriage, standing in the middle, surrounded by other passengers.

Now I was curious. And my curiosity will only be satisfied one way.

Knowing the answer.

I might confront Bakugo about it. I doubt he will say anything however. But I want to see his reaction upon hearing his name.

As I arrived at school, I instantly went into class 1-A, greeted by the smiles and 'good mornings' of my classmates. I ignore them as I make my way to Bakugo.
"What do you want Icy-Hot!?"
"I need to know something."
"Huh? Fuck off!"
"Izuku Midoriya. That name sound familiar?"
Bakugo Freezes.
"How the fuck do you know him!"
He stands up suddenly, grabbing a hold of my collar, fist raised and ready to punch me.
So obviously Bakugo knew him. He probably believes that he is dead like most people. Oh if only he knew.
"Heard it from someone."
"And what the fuck do you know!?"

We started to get the attention of our classmates.

"Woah! Bakugo! What's up? This isn't really manly of you dude!"
Kirishima stepped in, trying to calm Bakugo as he normally does.

"How the fuck do you know of Izuku!"

Judging from what I know he shouldn't be on first name basis with Midoriya. So he thinks that when he is no longer in the picture, it's okay to call his first name?

"Who's this 'Izuku'?"
Uraraka now steps into this predicament.
"Izuku Midoriya. Bakugo's childhood friend. Committed suicide last year. From what I've heard."
"How the fuck do you know this you damn Icy-Hot!?"
The room fell silent, a few gasps hear and there. A natural reaction to hearing the words "commit suicide".

"From my information, You bullied this "Izuku" didn't you?"
He fell silent.
"Bakugo. Is this true!?"
Iida had now involved himself.
Bakugo continued his silence.
"You pushed him to commit suicide and you still believe you can become the worlds greatest hero?"
"..."
"I just wanted to know if what the information said is true. And judging from your reaction it is."
I then leave and sit in my usual seat, being as antisocial as possible.

"So how did you know all of that Todoroki?"
Yaoyorozu who sat next to me, inquired.
"Oh, my father insisted I help him with a case and I saw his file lying around. It didn't have that much information but I ran into one of his relatives and they saw me looking at his file and told me about him. I honestly think he would've been a great hero if he wasn't quirkless."
She gasps Slightly.
"So he went through all of that because he was quirkless?"
I look over at Bakugo who has his head on his desk, with Kirishima staying by him, talking to him.

"We live in a cruel world. A cruel world indeed." 

—————
10k Reads holy shit this is growing popular faster and faster T^T thank you so much but I do not deserve all of this love ❤️❤️❤️

But the QnA option is still available so ask questions if you wish!

You can ask basically anything!
How I came up with this idea, gender, age, country I live in etc.

Love you all!!