Part Two / Chapter Seven

"And...open your eyes," Ben instructs. We're standing in a park with beautiful old trees dotting the grass. Strings of lights hang in the branches, illuminating the evening as a small fountain gurgles in the center of a plaza-like area.

"It's beautiful," I say softly. "Have you been here before?"

He nods. "A few times. Do you like it?"

"I love it." I smile.

He takes my hand, pulling me to a patch of grass between a few trees. "Let's dance!"

"There's no music." I smile at his enthusiasm.

"That doesn't mean we can't dance." Ben takes my left hand and places it on his shoulder and rests his own on my waist. He holds my right hand in his own and pulls me close to his chest. As we start swaying back and forth, he hums a soft tune.

I rest my head on his shoulder happily as we move back and forth. I recognize the tune he's humming, but I can't place my finger on it. "What are you singing?" I ask softly.

"A song that reminds me of you," he mumbles, smiling.

"Sing it for me?" I request, glancing up at my boyfriend. He nods and begins to sing, his voice quiet.

    Ten minutes ago, I saw you
    I looked up when you came through the  
    door
    My head started reeling
    You gave me the feeling
    The room had no ceiling or floor

I recognize the tune as a song from Cinderella. A few years ago, my oldest sister and I saw it on tour. Ben continues singing:

    Ten minutes ago, I met you
    And we murmured our how-do-you-do's
    I wanted to ring out the bells
    And fling out my arms
    And sing out the news
    I have found her!
    She's an angel
    With the dust of the stars in her eyes

As he sings that line, he glances down at me, a smile steadily growing on his face.

    We are dancing
    We are flying
    And she's taking me back to the skies
    In the arms of my love, I'm flying
    Over mountain and meadow and glen
    And I like it so well that for all I can tell
    I may never come down again
    I may never come down to earth again

As he finishes the chorus, I ask, "That reminds you of me?"

He nods. "Mhm. The prince sings about falling in love with Ella only minutes after meeting her. I know the feeling." He gives me a soft smile.

I blush lightly. "I don't know how I got so lucky," I say softly.

"Are you kidding?" Ben breathes a laugh. "I'm the lucky one to end up with a girl like you. You're talented, beautiful, and-"

I cut him off by kissing him softly. "I'm in love with you, Benjamin Tyler Cook," I mumble against his lips, smiling.

He smiles back. "I love you." He kisses me swiftly. "And as much as I love you and being with you, we should get back to the hotel. We've been out all day."

"I need to finish getting my things together, anyway," I say with a small sigh as I step out of our embrace. "C'mon." We exit the park, hand-in-hand.

~~~~~
y'all. this is my favorite chapter in this whole book, even if it is really short. it's also where we get the title from :)
I put the song at the top for reference.
vote and comment!!