Part Three / Chapter Fifteen

A few weeks later, I'm once again waking up early, but this time it's before the crack of dawn. I throw on some clothes, leave my apartment, and grab coffee on my way. The cast is performing on The Today Show to celebrate Mean Girls receiving twelve Tony award nominations! As excited as I am, I'm unhappy about having to be out and about before the sun even rises.

Inside the studio, half the cast is trying not to fall asleep and the other half is too excited to be tired. I'm somewhere in between them. As we sit around eating a quick breakfast, Erika whips out her camera excitedly. Once everyone arrives, we move outside, where we'll be performing Apex Predator, to practice. We rehearse in sweats and wig caps, which I'm sure looks weird to anyone passing by. After rehearsal, we all go back inside to get ready. The girls in the dressing room chatter away, mostly due to nerves.

The morning flies by, and we perform the song. Afterwards, we all have to go to the August Wilson; we have a show that evening. While I'm hanging out in the girls' dressing room, Erika breaks in with the camera.

"Guys, what happened today?" She asks, smiling as she captures our squeals about the Tony nominations. "Yeah!" Erika cheers, leaning out of the room. "Boys, weigh in?" All we hear is the door of their dressing room slam shut, causing us to laugh. "Rude!" Erika goes in anyway, and I leave the dressing room to go sit in the one I share with Kate.

I settle in my chair, smiling. I unlock my phone, deciding I should text Adrienne. She'll be upset if she doesn't hear it from me first.

Adrienne Granger

<< Guess which show is
nominated for twelve Tonys??? >>

<< Hamilton? >>

<< Wow >>

<< I'm kidding cONGRATS >>
<< SO PROUD OF YOU >>
<< In fact, we're so proud that
Mom, Dad, and I are coming to see you >>

<< Yay!! When? >>

<< We bought tickets to the
show on Sunday, so soon. Our
plane leaves Saturday >>

<< I'm so excited! You'll have
to come backstage >>

<< And those are the words
I've been waiting to hear since
you started on Broadway >>
<< I'll bombard your friends with hugs >>

<< I'm sure they'd love that >>

<< I'm sure they would >>

I smile happily. My family hasn't been able to see Mean Girls yet, so I hope they like it. I know Adrienne's excited at least.

~~~~~
this is a short chapter, but I'll post another today! :)
thank you guys for 5k reads (in like two days), wow!!!