Chapter One: The Idea

Nootmare's POV (Nightmare's)

I looked up, bored out of my mind. I was in passive form, currently slumped onto my sofa, eyeing the gaping hole above that someone had to blast while fighting us. *cough* Ink *cough*. I grumbled and looked over to see the floofy oreo, Cross, and the glitch, Error, sitting on beanbags beside the couch, playing their Nintendo DS'. "Lucky." I muttered. Error looked up from his DS and grunted. "What'd you say?" he asked. I shrugged and he returned to his DS.

Today was boring.

Cross let out a VERY dramatic, long, and loud sigh, which further proves my point. I had just started to close my eyes and take a deep breath, ready for a short nap, when Horror burst through the door. I quickly became the goopy squid almost everyone recognizes me as, as I jumped up and clung to the side of the sofa like a cat. When I realized it was just them, I relaxed, but I didn't re-enter passive form.

"What do you want?" I groaned. Horror cleared his throat. "It's the Star S-" "aGaIn?" groaned Error from behind. Horror sighed. "Yep. Dust and Killer are holding em' off. We were trying to have some fun and DO something in Underswap and... things may have gotten out of hand." I groaned and rubbed my temples. "Let's go before those two get themselves killed."

I quickly opened up a portal and jumped through, Horror, Cross, and Error following, swinging on his strings into the portal. Soon, we were in Underswap. I looked around to see Blue, probably the youngest and smallest of the Star Sanses. He was facing Dust, eyes narrowed, his starry pupils small.

Then I looked over to Ink. Error, his greatest rival, faced him. They were both in fighting stances but staring each other down. Ink looked a little nervous while fighting Error, however. It was odd, because they never hesitated when fighting before. That's when I noticed: one of Ink's paint vial things were missing. I internally cheered, because his vials are what he uses to CREATE these AUs. If he's missing one, then his power MUST be depleted!

I smirked and looked over to find the last member of the Star Sanses. I stopped in my tracks and smirked, eyes narrowed. "Hiya bro. How are you?" I asked, lunging for him. Dream gasped and moved out of the way just in time. I growled. Dream stared at me and prepared a bow and arrow. "Nothing much, just trying to, ya know, save another AU because SOMEONE keeps messing them up!" he snapped, shooting an arrow towards my arm. I wince as it hits but manage to keep mostly quiet about it.

"Too bad." I shrug, and one of my tentacles dart towards Dream. It hits his left arm and he groans in pain. I retract my tentacle and Dream shakily prepares another arrow, staring at me, pupils small. I take a step forward. "Don't come closer." he warns. Another step I take. "I don't want to hurt you, but I will!" I take another step. "This is your last chance-" another step. Dream releases the arrow and I easily dodge it. Then I stop.

Dream isn't fighting me like usual. It's like he's letting me win. He's weak, weaker than normal. I looked over at Error who's giving me a confused look. I see Ink slumped under him, unconscious. I groan and look at Dust who had knocked Blue out with Killer. During this I also noticed that Cross was busy attacking civilians with Horror. Good job, guys. I guess.

I sigh. "FINE." I kick Dream's leg to which he yelps out. "Let's go." I sigh. "bUt wHy dOnT wE KiLl tHeM?" Error asks. I stare at him. "I'd rather kill them in an epic fight or something. This is easy and I don't want THIS boring day to look back on as the day I killed my brother, K?" Error shrugs. "Same with Ink." Dust looks at both of us and nods. "Okay." I open a portal. "Cross! Horror!" I call. They come and jump in the portal, used to this protocol. Dust, Killer, and Error jump through next, and I soon follow. Then the portal closes.