Happy Fourth Of July (Mini Chapter!)

Before you fucking kill me it's the fourth of July, technically, since it's past midnight where I live so yeah. I won't be able to upload it during the day so it's better than nothing.

Here's the mini chapter for the Fourth of July!

Also, I promise that all FULL chapters will have over 2000 words. Why am I promising this now? Because I was reading some fanfic last night and a lot of the chapters I read were insanely short. I just want some Cherryberry qwq.

Ink's POV:

I looked behind me to see Shattered Dream and Blue staring at me, occasionally shifting their eyes to the inky-black portal below me. Shattered turned to face me. "Where are you going?" he snapped, eyes narrowed with suspicion. I raised my hands up. "Chill. I'm just going to Outertale to relax a bit." I typically was a horrible liar, but being emotionless in this situation helps. Shattered nodded. "Okay. Be back in three hours max." I bit my lip and nodded before walking into the inky portal below me.

I appeared in Undertale and decided to sit down in an isolated space in Waterfall. Hopefully the Bad Sanses were coming. I didn't like what I had become, unlike Shattered or Blue, who had eaten the two biggest muffins while the one I had was pretty small, and I didn't really eat all of it as I wasn't as hungry. I had more sense than the other two, and being emotionless means the HATE has less bad traits to amplify. I was still incredibly corrupted, but some of my old self has managed to take control. I looked around to see nobody but myself. I looked up at the "stars" as memories suddenly flooded me.

*flashbackkkkkk~*

"Moooom, I'm old enough to light a firework!" pouted a younger version of Ink, who's eyes were in the shapes of a square and diamond. Comyet, the young child's mother, chuckled. "Okay, just be careful! Have Error do it with you, to be safe." "Okay!" smiled Ink, grinning. He held out his hand to the younger black boned skeleton, who blooshed slightly before grabbing it, glitching a little. Ink heard the chuckles of Fresh and Geno, followed by the hushing of their mother, CQ, or Crayon Queen. Together, Ink and Error lit up the firework before running back to look at the sky. The stars were sparkling in the sky, bright as can be, only to be bested with the magnificent color of the fireworks. Everyone there "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed at the pretty lights. Ink felt a small bony hand grab his, and looked to see Error's hand grasping onto Ink's. Ink smiled, but he could feel the smirks of Dream, Blue, and Nightmare who had also come to see the fireworks. Ink used his other hand to flip off Dream, Blue, and Nightmare behind his back before returning to look up at the sky. All around him were his friends, Decans, Dream, Blue, Nightmare, Geno, Frest, CQ, his mother, and most of all, his best friend, Error. Suddenly, more Fireworks went off and everyone erupted into gasps and cheers. Ink felt safe, happy, and content where he was now. Little did he know that in less than a year's time, he would be forced to carry much more weight on his shoulders than he ever had imagined, and would be forced to do what he thought was impossible: fight his best friend, Error, for control of the multiverse.

But little Ink did not know this yet. Nobody did. Nobody would imagine the tragic times ahead for them. Right here, right now, was all that mattered. Little Ink could live in his fantasy world for now, until the real world hit. Let the small skeleton be happy for now, genuinely happy, before he will be forced to fake his smile for many years to come.

*flashbackkkkkk isssss overrrrrrrr~*

Ink smiled softly and looked around Waterfall, eyes closed. He dozed off, he didn't know how long he was asleep, but he was woken by a familiar glitching skeleton and his group of crazies. "We're here, Ink. Now what do you want to say to us?"

A/N: BOOM! Short half-chapter over! Sorry it's not big or anything but it's a mini-chapter for a reason! Goodbye!

- Gecko Out!