Chapter Two: The Stars Turned Dark

Nobody's POV:

Ink smiled as he picked up one of the three pastries and gave it to Blue, who smiled gleefully as he ate it.

Ink then gave another pastry which was slightly smaller to Dream, and saved the smallest for himself. Each of the Star Sanses smiled before taking a bite. Ink couldn't help but grin in amazement. "These are so good!" He exclaimed with a muffled mouth. Dream elbowed him and finished chewing before speaking.

"Ink, don't talk while you're chewing. But you're RIGHT! These are delicious!" Dream smiled. They both turned to Blueberry, who had gotten the largest treat. But instead of looking happy, he looked... off. Emotionless.

Dream's eyes widened as he felt a tingle up his spine. He could FEEL the negative energy radiating off of Blue's body. The short skeleton then seemed to regain his happy, bubbly personality somehow and nodded. "Yeah! You're right, Dream! These are so yummy!" Dream and Ink nodded. "Yeah..." they said, a little forced.

Blue looked at them in confusion. "You guys okay? Did you get a bad muffin?" He asked. Dream shook his head and Ink smiled. "Nah, Buddy!" Ink exclaimed. "Just a little surprised about HOW GOOD these are!"

Dream seemed to regain his composure and nodded, feeling the negative energy fade away. The three Atar Sanses fist bumped before sitting down. After they finished their pastries and lay down, they immediately closed their eyes.

They were exhausted, none of them had slept for days. Ink had spent days fixing AU upon AU, while Blue helped the monsters of the AUs cope and get better from having their universe nearly destroyed. Dream was usually fighting with Blue against Nightmare and his gang. They were all in a horrible mental state.

And in the middle of their nap, Dream gasped. Ink and Blue looked up, and right then Blue's phone started to ring. Blue ran to grab his phone while Ink questioned Dream.

"Are you okay?!" He asked his friend. Dream shook his head. "No... no.. the negativity. It's everywhere!" He gasped. "It's coming FROM me!" He started hyperventilating. Ink blinked. "W-What?" He knee Dream had panic attacks but this was out of the blue.

"Dream, you're the literal god of positivity! How can you be negative?!" Ink started to shake his friend as if he were dreaming. But Dream didn't seem to wake from his trance. In fact, when he looked at Ink, his eyes were a dark color, and seemed to stare into Ink's non-existent soul.

"Dream, what is up with you?!" He gasped. Dream then scowled. "Your reign of negativity ends here and now, Nightmare!" He yelled at Ink. Ink backed away in surprise. "Dream! It's INK! You're dreaming or something!" He yelled. But Dream's expression showed no recognition of Ink. Dream simply stood, causing Ink to move back, and then smirked. "YOU WONT HURT ANOTHER PERSON I CARE ABOUT AGAIN!" Shrieked Dream, lunging onto Ink and knowing him into a bookshelf.

"Ow! What the funk, Dream?!" He yelled, rubbing his skull. He summoned a bone and pinned Dream down by his clothing. "Stop it!" He yelled. But Dream didn't listen. Both of them were panting, their tiredness forgotten in this series of events. Dream then pulled out the bone and threw it at Ink.

Ink had no time to dodge and wasn't expecting the attack from his closest friend. Ink yelled in pain as he fell on his back. Dream growled. "You will pay for every home you destroyed! Every life you ended! You'll pay for that all now, Nightmare!" He screeched. Ink's eyes widened as Dream lunged onto Ink and stabbed him in the chest with one of his arrows. Ink screeched as he looked down to see he wasn't injured. No, he was t HARMED. But something much worse had happened.

Every color of the rainbow poured out from Ink's vials and onto the floor. Just then, Ink's eyes seemed to drain, his emotions depleting. He shook his head. "No. I have spare vials upstairs. I need to focus on Dream." He told himself as he watched Dream back away.