Chapter 17 - 8 Years Later

Emily's POV

It's been 8 years since West and I left The Next Step.

After we left, I decided to go to business school. Today, I'm the manager of an important company that deals with international trades.

West and I got married shortly after graduation. It was a rather big wedding. Both of our families and friends attended.

West now works for an Canadian airline (in the offices).  He follows his dream and now he gets to travel around the world for business. He doesn't leave very often, but I always miss him nonetheless.

A year and an half after we got married I found out I was pregnant and 9 months later our daughter Hope was born.

Right now, I'm finishing a few paperwork and then I get to go home. I've been waiting to see my daughter and my husband all day.

I look at my phone. It's 4:30 pm, which means I can finally get the hell of this place. I take my bag and leave without even saying goodbye to anyone (it's not like it'll change their life).

*at our house*

"Hi! How was your day?"

I walk over to West and hug him like my life depends on it (because it kind of does, one more hour without seeing him and I would have gone insane).

"Good, I was able to keep my cool, I didn't get mad at anyone. Has to be a new record." I chuckle, breaking our embrace so that I could get something to eat.

He raises one eyebrow. Then he shakes his head, trying to look unimpressed with me and mutters something about exaggerating. Even with my back turned to him, I can hear him laugh quietly, failing to remain serious.

"I don't think they ever thought a 28 years old would be giving them orders, like ever..." He pecks me on the cheek before going to the sink and washing what I assume is the rest of Hope's dinner.

"Well, they better get used to it!"

"Didn't I tell you you aren't as harsh as you think you are? You've got a soft heart, despite what you think." He throws some water in my direction, daring me to get mad.

I make sure to glare at him before responding.
"And I was about to say that you're an exception, but now I take that back."

"You know, you're lucky you've done so much for me because I might just have merc-".

I don't get to finish though. In just a few secondes he had turned around and kissed me on the lips.

His hand grabs hold of my hair and gently strokes the back of my head.

"... I forgive you..." I say, foreheads touching.

He just smiles, kisses me again and goes upstairs.

***
West's POV

I pick up my sleeping daughter from her tiny bed, admiring her. Her hair might look like mine, but she got her  grey/blue ish eyes from her mother.

I hold her close, looking at the many photos around her room. I still remember all of these memories. It's crazy to think that was only 3 years ago.

I put her back down in her bed before going to Emily and I's room.

"Did you call the nanny for this weekend?" I ask her when I reached the bed.