Chapter 19 - Reunion

A/N: Contains mature subjects or parts.

West's POV

"Do you seriously think people will notice that your earrings don't match with your dress?" I ask Emily as I try to choose a formal attire for the night.

I see her roll her eyes through the mirror as she puts one earring next to her dress, comparing the styles.

"Would you go anywhere without pants?" She asks, taking another pair from a jewelry box and repeating the selection process.

"You've already seen me at least 1000 thousand times without pants" I say grinning.

She throws me a pillow from the bed, hitting me square in the back of the head.

"HEY! You know that really hurts, right?..." I rub the back of my head dramatically.

She glares before going on.

"While I do love the sight of you without pants, that's not what I meant. You know it."

I act confused.

"Why'd you throw the pillow if you like it. You could have just ask."

She facepalms. Then she gets up and I see her reflection walk towards me.

"That's for another time. Maybe tonight after we come back. Once Hope's asleep of course." She whispers in my ear.

I turn around, wrapping my arms around her waist and bringing her closer to me.

"How about right now?"

Our faces are mere inches apart, all we need is to lean in an-

"Right now you have to help me find the right earrings."

Emily pulls back and goes to her dresser, looking furiously at her options.

Damn it, so close!

***

Emily's POV

"I've always looked fabulous, I can't stop now." I say once in the car. After half an hour, we're finally ready to leave.

"Emily it's a reunion with our friends from The Next Step...Not a popularity contest."  West shakes his head while driving away.

"Doesn't matter. It's still a perfect occasion to show that I've got style." I grin.

"Anyways, I'm just excited. We haven't seen most of them in a while."

West nods.

"True. I mean, we see Eldon and Thalia every time their son comes to play with Hope and
most of the time for dinner but other than that..."

I turn around in my seat and look at my sleepy daughter looking at the surrounding sceneries as we past them.

"Isn't it crazy? When we met, we were all teenagers and now we have kids." I say, finding peace in seeing our daughter in her own little world.

He whistles.

"Hard to believe that was 10 years ago."

I squeeze his hand.

"The last 3 years have been the best." I smile softly.

"Without a doubt!" He squeezes back.

*30 minutes later*