Chapter 24

Lana's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night, needing to go to the bathroom. as I walked to the bathroom I gazed in horror at the red marks all over my breasts when I looked at my self in the mirror. Hickeys! I have fucking hickeys. I am Engaged to one of he most dangerous and powerful mafia leaders and he's given me goddamn hickeys? How did I not feel him doing this to me?

I'm too mad. How dare he mark me like this, like some teenager In the short time we've been together? he's never given me hickeys. I look like hell. I know why he's done this. Damn control freak.

"Lana" Giovanni calls and I hear anxiety in his voice "Are you okay?"

I ignore him. Am I okay? No, I am not okay

"You're mad at me" he said getting out of bed.

"Yeah No shit"

"How mad?"

"On a Scale of one to ten I've already reached 100"

"That mad?" He sounds surprised and impressed at once.

"Yes." I said

"Why?"

I glare at him. "I don't like you leaving marks on me. Thats too many are you insane? What are we 14 years old?"

"Come on Babe they are just hickeys"

"Look at me!" I pull up my shirt to reveal the top of my breasts. Giovanni gazes at me, his eyes not leaving my face.

"Okay" he said. "I get it"

"Good!"

He runs his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry. don't be mad at me."

"You are such a kid sometimes," I scold him, but the fight has gone out of my voice and he knows it. He steps closer raising his hand to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I know" he acknowledges softly. 

 he buries his nose in my hair. I wrap my arms around him, holding him close, and feel the tension leave his body as he nuzzles into me.

"Am I forgiven?" he asks.

"Maybe"

"Am I?"

"yes" I replied. 

"Come with me" he says leading me out of the bathroom.

"where we going?"

he leads me back to the bedroom, His iPod is in the speaker dock. He switches it on and selects a song. "Dance with me." He says pulling me into his arms.

"Now? in the middle of the night?"

"Yeah"

"Well If you insist"

Giovanni  grins down at me and starts to move, sweeping me off my feet and taking me with him around the bedroom. He then dips me low, and I yelp in surprise and giggle. 

He smiles, his eyes filled with humour. "I love when you're like that" he says.

"like what?"

"like that. Happy"

He dips me low again and plants a swift kiss on my lips. "I never want to see that beautiful smile off your face" 

"Really?"

"Of course"

"I'll try my best" I replied. 

"I have a present for you" he said. "lets just say its a very early birthday gift"