Chapter 3: In The Centre of Attention

'Prom is in two weeks and you guys still don't have an outfit?'

Dream shrugs, biting into his sandwich. 'Why? Do they get expensive?'

'Do they-' Bad begins repeating Dream's question before answering it, raising his voice incredulously. 'Yes, they do, Dream, you muffin!'

The younger shrugs once more, taking another bite of his sandwich. Ham n' cheese. Classic.

'Hey, we're freshmen, give us a break,' Zelkam says as he tosses his water bottle from one hand to the other absentmindedly. 'It's not like we've had past experiences.'

'Yeah, George and Bad, you're old,' Harvey jokes. 

'Hey!'

'As a George, I'm deeply hurt,' Spifey says, although he starts chuckling at the end.

The quite large group used the computer room during lunch to play Minecraft. Teachers would usually throw out students caught in the room as anything bad was bound to happen but this particular group had Bad and George on their team, two golden students known for their responsibility. With them, they were trusted enough to spend every lunch here.

Aforementioned, the group was large. Skeppy, Bad, Dream, George, Sapnap, Spifey, TapL, Zelkam, Finn and Techno. The group has known each other for a while now, each person a link to another. George, Dream and Sapnap were the Dream Team of middle school, all going to a different school from the others. George left for high school before the other two but that didn't stop their friendship. Skeppy and Bad knew each other from middle school, when Skeppy would annoy Bad when he was the hall monitor. Dream and Bad also knew each other as their mothers were close friends. When Bad left for high school, Skeppy became friends with a big group; Spifey, TapL, his neighbour Zelkam, Finn and Techno. When they all moved up to high school, everyone regrouped and now, they're here, sitting in the computer room, discussing their plans and playing a much-loved game.

Zak bangs the table and shout. 'NOOOOO.' He covers his face with his hands as he continues to cry melodramatically.

'Awh, Geppy, it's okay.'

'Trash.'

'You died to a creeper? Bad.'

'I'm better than you,' he grumbles, respawning in his house.

This causes everyone to go 'oooh', as high schoolers do. F1nn and Zak begin to bicker with one another as Bad tries to settle them down. Sapnap enters, swinging his bag under a table. 

'What did I miss?'

'Practically the late 80s.'

Everyone looks at Techno.

'What?'

'Nevermind,' Zelkam says. 'Anyways, you guys should get your suits soon before they get hella expensive. And knowing you guys, you don't make any bank.'

'Why? Do you have your's picked out already?' F1nn enquires.

'No. I'm not going.'

This explodes into overlapped comments, a combination of confusion, surprise and relief.

'See?' George exclaims, looking at Dream smugly. 'I'm not the only one.'

Dream pulls a face as Techno asks 'Why aren't you going? I thought you'd definitely go. Pull a few pranks and stuff.'

'Don't encourage him!' Bad hisses, resulting in an eyeroll from the other.

Zelkam laughs. 'Nope. I'm a Junior. I'm going to wait for when I'm a Senior. That's when things are going to hit different.'