Hungry eyes

When the bell for fourth period rang and the students exited the class you felt empty. The day was spent with you in front of the class introducing them to MacBeth. It was a dream come true. You are really  a teacher...

Almost

You heard Kylo clear his throat from the opposite side of the room. You glanced over your shoulder as you walked back to your desk.

"Do we have any meetings today sir? Or any other reason that I need to stay. After checking off who turned in the group work I was gonna head over to get a tattoo." You said finishing your short walk to your desk.

"No you don't have to stay." he said, still watching you. It was almost like he was memorizing every part of your body with his brain. Did he want to make a clone of you, now you're overthinking.

"Good job today" he said looking away from you for a brief moment. It was almost like he was too shy to look you in the face when he was talking to you. "You really know what you're doing with this play. I could tell that some of the kids were getting pretty excited."

"Thank you! Ugh I feel so proud of myself. I seriously just was to be the best teacher ever. I feel like I have so much information and I just need to share it. I want to be the teacher I never had."

"I admire that about you. You're going to do great things soon, I can sense it." He said, finally bringing his eyes back to you. His voice was still flat, like he was trying to suppress the emotions.

"You're so kind to me" you said smiling as he stood up out of his chair, "Thank you so much for allowing me to just waltz into your class and teach...this is a dream come true"

He was facing his desk, shuffling papers into a folder. "Do you have any plans Friday night?" he said, looking back at you over his shoulder.

"Depends...what are we doing and what time?" you said back to him.

He shuffled the papers for a solid 10 seconds before turning back around to meet your gaze. "I am having a small get together with the rest of the English department. I would like to introduce you to them all."

You could have sworn you had seen his chin quiver.

"Oh my god really?! I would love that so much! Are you serious" You were so excited! A chance to meet the rest of the teachers and have the ability to make connections and ask questions. This sounded great.

"Yes of course I'm serious. It is at my house. Friday night, at 8pm. There is no dress code but I'm assuming it will be casual. I'm glad you'll come then" He smiled

You were so happy you could just hug him...

"Here! I'll give you my phone number and you can text me!" standing, you crossed the room to his desk. He stepped backwards. You took a pen off of his desk and grabbed his hand. Wow his hands are huge. You did not have particularly small hands, but his hands made your hands look like a toddler. I wonder...

Only after about 10 seconds of staring and thinking about how big his hands were you noticed what you were doing.

"Uhhh omg sorry. Here-" you wrote your number across his giant palm.

He shifted, you looked up at him.

There they are again, those hungry eyes.

You were still holding his hand you had just written on when he lowered his head to kiss you.

Again there was only a millisecond of hesitation. But then you gave in. Was this going to become a habit?

He pulled away. "Would you like to come over tonight? For dinner, so we can go over the lesson plans for this next month." he said looking down at you.

You stepped back and smiled at him

"Of course. I'd like that" You turned toward your desk, grabbed your bag, and turned to walk out.

"Text me your address and what time and I'll see you then" You said. Then you walked out the door smiling at him as you exited.

---------------------------------------

Hey y'all how are you. Thanks for reading I guess. Sorry for this short chapter. The next one will be spicy I promise <3