If that's okay, sir

Note: I wrote this chapter with one hand because my left arm is unable to be moved right now lol. Sorry this took a long time, I graduated and have been doing things.I hope you enjoy

The few weeks after went smoothly. You and Kylo taught together, sometimes you switched days and sometimes it was just you and him in the front of the class. You especially liked it when you taught together. You liked doing things with him. Not just teaching...

Within the past few weeks Kylo hasn't had much time to see you. His grandpa, Anakin, died the week after you spent the night at his house. He didn't really show that he was sad about it though. You wanted to give him enough space to grieve and be with his family. Between grading papers, answering student and parents emails, dealing with a funeral, updating grades, and staff meetings he didn't really have time to keep up a sexual relationship with his student teacher. And you were okay with that.

But now he was back to normal and you could see him regularly again. You were ecstatic. You could feel the anticipation boiling in your stomach.

Today was an even day, and a Friday. Meaning early out for you and Kylo...but alas, your class had just finished MacBeth. So there were 150 essays to grade about the play. So nothing fun was going to happen until the papers were done being graded and the scores were recorded.

You walked to class and arrived 15 minutes early like you usually did. Kylo typically came in about five minutes after you. You walked to your desk and set down your bag. You couldn't help but feel proud about all of the things you have accomplished. You were on your way to becoming a teacher, a dream of yours since you were in elementary school.

You sat back and opened up the papers that you were helping Kylo grade. The first paper of the semester was always the roughest. Kylo gave the kids tons of time to write the essay in class so they could ask him (or you for that matter) for help on their writing and analysis.

After a few minutes Kylo walked in and greeted you

"Good morning" he said, your name dripping off of his tongue like honey.

"Good morning Mr. Ren, how are you feeling?" you asked without looking up from the students paper. You were very interested in this one paper. It was beautifully written and the analysis was on another level.

"I'm fine thank you for asking" he said, suddenly remembering that he hadn't put on his teaching face. His face turned into stone once more.

"Oh good" you said circling a phrase and writing a question mark, sometimes even the best papers confuse you.

He continued to sit down at his desk, lean back, and sighed.

"Are you okay Mr. Ren?" you asked finally looking up to him

"I can't decide if we should read Brave New World or The Things They Carried next. Or we could even do Catcher in the Rye if you wanted to" he looked over to you when he said the last title.

"You want me to pick?'' your eyes got wide and a smile crept its way onto your face.

"I do, it's your classroom too. You should have some say in it" a smile made way onto his face as well

"Oh my god, I have no idea! When I was in school Brave New World was not my favorite but The Things they Carried and Catcher in the Rye were my two favorite books. How am I supposed to decide?"

"Well let me see...The Things They Carried deals with truth and feelings, while Catcher in the Rye uses the motif of circles and the uneasiness of growing older. It just depends on what we want to show the students, what we want to teach them first. That things aren't alway what they seem or you cannot stop the ticking time bomb that is life." he said thoughtfully as he rummaged through his book bag to find his copy of both books.