🍰・십이 || Twelve・🍰

June 10, 2008

Two pairs of clean, white sneakers step against the smooth pavement in unison as Seokjin and (Y/N) walk along side each other. The two shared one Hello Kitty earbud which connected to the small royal purple MP3 Player that (Y/N)'s left hand possessed. The only thing Seokjin possessed in his was the spam and kimchi kimbap rolls Seokjin bought after school at the nearest convenience store. The two shared that amongst themselves too, Seokjin would occasionally feed some to (Y/N) as they walked since her hands were full. The two were always hungry when they were finally let out of school, so (Y/N) thought it was nice of Seokjin to share with her.

The two of them were on their way to Seokjin's house and (Y/N) was really excited. This would be her first time going over to Seokjin's house and it would be the first time she visited a friend's house in years!Ever since her two best friends since pre-school had moved away when she was twelve she hasn't hung out with anyone else like this since then. Seokjin was pretty excited too..this was the first time he ever invited anyone over to his house. He was a little more nervous though, but still excited nonetheless.

"We're almost there," Seokjin informed. "Just around the corner and a few streets down."

(Y/N) hummed in acknowledgment as she swallowed what was left of the grains of rice that had gotten stuck between her teeth. 

The brilliant yellow sun shone brightly in the cornflower blue clear skies. The dark green leaves facing toward the sunlight shielded the two with some shade when they walked underneath some trees in the quiet neighborhood as they breathed in the hot and humid summer air.

Less than five minutes had passed before Seokjin and (Y/N) had finally made it to his home. Seokjin had pushed in the four-digit pass code on the keypad lock with strawberry red lit buttons. The two hurry inside the air conditioned home and Seokjin was quick to rid his feet from the shoes he had been in all day. "You can uh..you can set your things here if you'd like." Seokjin said as he hung the straps of his book bag on one if the few brown hooks that were nailed into the wall near the door. There was also a cross..quite a few actually! It was hard to remember that Seokjin was from a religious household. He's only ever mentioned that he goes to church twice to her before after all. She wondered if his parents were crazy religious, or if he was crazy religious but chose to keep that part of himself private? It didn't really matter to her though. Crazy religious or not, she'll still like Seokjin the same.

"Oh that's okay, thanks though." (Y/N) politely declined as she slipped her small feet out of her white sneakers and placed them neatly against the wall right beside Seokjin's, leaving the two of them in their socks and Seokjin still towered over her without the extra heel.

Seokjin silently nods as he walks past her and headed toward the other door just a few feet down this mini hallway that would lead up to the living room of his home; (Y/N) quickly followed after him. Seokjin's hand reached out and gripped the silver door handle before holding it down lightly and pushing it open. Seokjin held the door for (Y/N) to enter first, then he soon followed behind her as he shut the door.

"Ah..I guess my mom's home." Seokjin mumbled as a strong yet delicious waft hit their nostrils. A mix of cooked bell peppers and..was it spicy beef noodles? It smells just like it. Whatever it was, it was making (Y/N)'s stomach grumble.

(Y/N) caught a brief glance of the decor of the nice home and she felt like her previous thoughts were confirmed, about Seokjin's parents anyways. It was like every where her (e/c) eyes laid there was Christian symbolism. Whether it be crosses, quotes from sections the bible, prayers..of course there wasn't anything wrong with it, it was just foreign and a little overwhelming. (Y/N)'s parents were religious but they didn't ever force anything on her, therefore she wasn't very religious at all but it didn't mean that she didn't respect it.