17

"I know this class have been very festive for the past few days, but I expect you have read the chapters I told you to study."

The whole class gulped altogether as Sir Buskan's eyes roam around the room. It seemed as if he had dropped a bomb, because the atmosphere suddenly became like that of a place after war.

Our faces must have given him the answer because his upper lip twitched, like when he sees Koki and Kiko missing in his class. Some of our classmates gripped their desk for support because typhoon Buskan is surely going to landfall.

"You haven't?" Sir Buskan's voice shook a bit, then to our great surprise (as if we haven't been surprised by him the other day) he smiled. "Well, you are kids. You sometimes make mistakes like forgetting to read a few chapters."

In front, I saw Lance's mouth opened resembling a shock.

"Okay. I will give you this time to read. Because tomorrow, we will be having a test. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir..."

"Okay. Use the time wisely. No idling away." Sir Buskan gazed at us for a while then went out.

"What the effin' hell was that?" Nate said loudly the moment the door closed.

Some openly laughed. Others quietly proceeded to reading. Mara stood and ordered everybody to do what Sir Buskan said. I noticed Lance's mouth is still open.

"Why do you think Sir Buskan held back his anger?" Leila asked.

I shrugged, then looked at Kiko. He is already reading. I looked at Koki--HOLY MOLLY!

"Oi," I whispered to Kiko. When he looked up, I pointed at his twin. "Is your brother sick or what?"

Kiko smirked then continued reading. I shook my head in disbelief. Koki is reading. Sir Buskan did not get angry. Are these premonitions that the world is going to end?!?!

---

"Are you going to eat here again?" Lance asked during lunch time..

I nodded gloomily at him and took out my lunch.

"Great. I also brought my own lunch," he sat, this time, on Leila's seat which he pulled to face me. "Plus, I bought us some fruit juice. This is all natural," he added as he hand me the bottle.

"Thanks." I smiled. "But you know, you don't have to eat here during lunch."

He laughed. "Well, I kinda enjoy eating here, I mean, it's quiet and I get to save lunch money."

"Well that's true," I said laughing, too. It's great that Lance accompany me for lunch, better than eating here alone. We started to eat.

"By the way, I saw you come out of the Lost-and-Found office yesterday afternoon. You lost something?"

"Nah. I came to ask about the necklace I found."

"Necklace?"

"Just a necklace I saw in the rooftop." I smiled awkwardly. I don't want to tell him about it.

"Oh.. okay."

We ate in silence. I glanced at Lance, he seems to be really enjoying his food. I smiled. But one thing I noticed about him, he keeps on using his phone while eating.

"Who are you texting?" I asked.

He smiled then put his phone down. "Ah, just my friends asking where I am."

"Mmm.. Sorry if I was nosy," I smiled apologetically..

"No, it's alright. People always ask me why I am always texting. I don't know, maybe I'm just talkative," he laughed.