35

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---"

Years ago, I have read somewhere that we cannot tell which one is more painful--- remembering what had happened or the knowing what never will. I really did not understand what that meant, because I never really have or almost have lost someone. I never knew the fear of realizing that you are a second away from the moment of losing someone you value. I guess, after all these years, I have lived feeling secured and comforted...

That all I have are petty little problems which can be resolved if I just do my best or eat a cone of ice cream.

PLEASE. WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE...

I fell down on my knees and stared, horrified, at the two bodies not moving nor showing signs of life. I can feel my whole body turn numb. I can feel something vibrating inside my ears. I can feel something welling up from my chest...

It's pain I never had felt before and it's ripping me up.

"ROSE!"
"ROSE!"
"ROSE!"

I looked up at the people surrounding me. I don't know who they are, if they're the bad guys or not. I can hear voices but they seem distant. I stared back at Kiko lying on top of Koki. He rolled over his back and raised his right hand to me. Koki coughed. Then he got up and looked over his twin.

My hands automatically reached for them. Koki knelt beside his brother, bowed down on his arms, and didn't move a bit, but his shoulders are rocking terribly.

I clasped Kiko's face. He opened his eyes.

"Ro....Ro....se..." His voice seems to be coming from a deep well. I sobbed.

He held my face and looked into my eyes, I could hear him catching his breath.

"No, Kiko... Please..." I cried, tapping his bloody face, I know I should keep him awake. "Don't sleep okay? Don't sleep--"

His eyes turned to look at the sky. "The moon... it's bright..." He coughed and blood spluttered from his mouth.

And then Kiko smiled.

A real, sincere smile.

I heard Koki's agonizing scream and then everything went blank.