27

*This part is narrated in a third-person point of view.

It was quite dark, and Janeth feels scared to go out.

"But I should," she reminded herself for the fifth time. She exited their house from the back door, as she prays her father won't come back until 10pm. Or else, he'd know...

She really doesn't want her Dad to be involved with the mess she's been in. The way she pleaded the teachers not tell him about what happened.

Although she did not tell the truth...

She raised her jacket's hood to cover her head and wore her facemask. She carefully ran away from the house before the maids see her.

Her phone rang and it gave her quite a shock. "Geez!" She looked at the caller ID. It's another unknown number. She hastily blocked it, then stop an arriving taxi.

"Where to?" the driver asked.

"Reign Cafe," she said without looking up. She's staring at her phone. She sincerely hopes Mara will believe her.

She just did not say anything about it, but she heard her talking to Rose about her. She really wanted to talk about it to Rose (she almost had met her this afternoon), but she's afraid to see her reaction. She didn't have any friends since Mara and Ganymede left her. She's so lonely, and having Rose by her side is a refreshing thing... And she doesn't want their newly formed friendship to end this soon...

So she lied. She lied when Rose asked her if she knew anything. She doesn't want to be judged. But upon thinking about her Dad, reality hit her. If her name will be tarnished because of what happened to Hannah Brenton, she will be a great disappointment to her father. Her father who had worked so hard to maintain the good image of their small law firm... What would happen to the law firm if the clients hear she's involved?

But heaven knows I don't have anything  to do about it!

That's why Janeth have to talk to Mara. With her mother in the administration, she will be a great help towards clearing her name. Thankfully, Mara agreed when she asked her to meet.

Janeth is holding tightly to her phone. Actually, she has a secret in it, which is the reason why she is meeting Mara. She wanted to tell her all that she knew about Hannah, that even though she bullied her, Hannah bullied her back. Mara might have not as close to her as before, but she believes she won't let her down if she realizes she's innocent.

Now the secret in Janeth's phone is a set of encrypted messages. She always have this passcoded message box in her phone because her Dad might accidentally see her phone. Just a little precaution she have.

Janeth opened the encrypted messages in her phone. She typed the passcode 09271004. The message box opened and several messages appeared. She scrolled throughout the messages. One of them is a conversation with Hannah.

Her heart beat wildly as she read Hannah's past messages to her

[I knew u did it. Admit it OK]

[Why are u even coming to school? U should be in a mental institution]

[I have proofs. And others knew abt ur true personalty]

[Who would believe a liar like u? Go to hell OK]

Janeth had sent her equally insulting messages, and she knew it can be considered bullying Hannah. But this conversation is clear that they both loathed each other. Once, she accused her of blackmailing but she just shown how bitchy she is by ignoring her and letting her be mad for nothing. Janeth scrolled down several more messages... until she saw the last two messages that she hasn't yet read. She might have opened it but did not paid attention.