24

"What happened to your face?"

It's the first thing I asked Koki when I saw him Monday morning. He came right after me. And he has a small bruise right on the left corner of his mouth.

"What?" he asked irritably.

"Tsh. Why are you so grumpy when it's early in the morning?" I murmured then turned my back on him. I really can't understand why he said those things and even sent me those messages that can make me think like he mean it. But seeing his attitude today makes me really believe that Koki Avila might be bipolar. He is so unpredictable it's annoying.

Then Kiko came, I was about to greet him when he turned his back on me.

"What the hell." I whispered and stared at his back. "Fine. Don't talk to me, both of you." Am I even their friend?!?!

I don't know how I managed to survive the whole day with Koki and Kiko on the either side of me. They spent the whole day in the room, they even did not leave for lunch. I ate silently with them, and although I offered to them my lunch, they just gave me the cold shoulder and proceeded to playing mobile games.

What I noticed is that they also did not talk to each other the whole day. Of course they were never sweet with each other, but at least they talk even if they only say bad things. So I really am wondering why they were this quiet.

After lunch, Kiko had spoken to me for a bit when he handed me Mara's notebook. I can see Mara is trying to interact with him, but to no avail. Kiko merely gave me the notebook, then went gazing out away.

Dismissal came and the two left without a word. I did not go after them, I remained in my seat. There are things I should do. First, I want to talk to Janeth, I want to clarify things with her. I thought about this last night. I must not just wait for Kiko to know things. I mean, Janeth is now a friend. And if ever there are bad things about our friend, we do not judge them right away, nor condemn them. We have to know their side, and then help them or give them advice, if ever.

"Aren't you leaving?" Lance called. He had talked to me for so many times the whole day. And I have a feeling if the twins were not here during lunch, he'd eat with me. I still treat him well, besides, I don't have a proof if he ever is doing something not quite good. But I will deal with him later. Janeth has to come first.

"I am waiting for Janeth," I said.

"Oh, okay. Bye!" He went out.

I honestly feel sad that Lance had lied about Kiko. During those few times I had conversations with him, he had made me laugh and I realized he's a good companion. But if what Kiko said about Lance is true and he's really someone whom I should be careful of, then it's a great pity. I can feel we could be good friends if ever.

I was at this thought when Mara came back and went straight towards me. She looks anxious as she sat down on Leila's empty seat.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked, sitting up straight. The last time I saw her like this, she's seen the bloody uniform.

"I have something to tell you." She looked out of the windows to see if anyone is passing, and when she was assured  it's clear, she pulled her chair closely to me and leaned forward. "I know you've been close with Janeth lately."

I nodded. I'm starting to feel that I won't like whatever she's going to say.

"Someone gave me this," she handed me a folded paper.

I took it, and read. "'Be careful of Janeth Alegre. One bloody clothing is not enough for her.'" I stared at Mara. "Who gave this?"

"I don't know. I just saw it in my notebook, the one you borrow."