*Chapter 16

Zavian

The stillness of the room began to weigh on me, alone and shocked and royally confused. My brows furrowed then.

5 days from now, on the brightest sun.

Find the boy... He is dying. My back grew fence then. Pilgra. I stood with newfound determination, grabbed a bag from my closet and I began to prepare. I had to move fast, I had to begin searching now.

Where in heavens name would I even begin to look? The village of Pilgra was within Lord Greene's district, and the man hated me enough to make this a difficult task for me.

I paid no mind to the opening door as I began to fuss about for clothing and necessities. "Zavian?"

"Can't talk, must pack."

"Where are you off too in such a hurry." I paused feeling drained but my body feeling a sense of urgency. I bounced on the heels of my feet and looked at Marius, his sweet eyes bore into mine, brows furrowed and a bowl of grapes in his hands.

"Griselda." I merely said feeling my shoulders slump and my body sliding down to sit on the armrest of the chair in near my dresser.

Marius wasted no time, his eyes traveled the room and he hurried to the balcony, inspecting every inch, growling and closing the doors.

"What did she want?"

So I told him, in a mess of words how she came and went, what she said and I realised my eyes burned when I thought to the boy she claimed to be dying. My heart went out to a stranger I didn't know, the thought of their being alone, cold even and dying, meaning in pain had my heart clenching painfully.  Marius knelt before me and I sniffed staring down at him.

"Pilgra is half a days ride, I must go if I am to find him in time."

"Can you travel in this state?" He grabbed my hand, large and warm it held me down simply being grazing my skin. "You must think this through. You do not even know if what she says is true."

"But she knew about the land dying, just this morning the lord brought forth his complaint against the farmers, telling me how they could not grow anything. How could she know that?"

"It is clear she is a mystery, however, it has also already been made clear she watches you, she may be watching them too."

"Then we cannot take this lightly." Marius sighed and gave a nod.

"We shall go, but you should calm your heart, Zav." He reached up, stroking my cheek and I leaned into his touch, he wiped away my tears. "We can fly over, tonight,"

"If you are seen-" I shook my head furiously and held the wrist of the hand on my face. "I cannot as-"

"I cannot allow you alone in that district, we leave now, in the cover of night." I pursed my lip, my heart flipping rapidly and my stomach dropping.

"Alright." I murmured and he stood, he leaned down then, his lips on my forehead and I felt heat rise through me. I was a mess and his presence brought me comfort. I sighed my eyes closed and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me forward into his chest and held me.