*Chapter 51

Marius

The atmosphere sucked me in to a point where my first thought was why. Why did he have to chose anger and seem to want to cling to it? Why couldn't he immediately see my true intention? Why did I allow anger to flood my own veins? And why did it feel so intense?

The door closed behind me and my shoulders slumped. I hope you calm down soon. I clicked my tongue more out of irritation than anger.

On my way down the stairs I wondered then what I should do. The palace had begun to feel strange for me, a place of temporary living, and no longer a home. It was bearable being here, on these grounds because of the simplest thought: he was around here somewhere. Zavian was the only thing that kept me here, kept me coming back now.

Shaking my head I sighed before I bumped into her. I grabbed her forearms as she laughed to stop her from tumbling.

"Someone's in a mood." She commented at my obvious scowl, I rolled my eyes and let go of her.

"Well, that tells me you did it on purpose."

She placed her hand on her hip, her eyes bright, she was on her training gear, something she enjoyed wearing more than her dresses but could never stay too long in because of her mother.

"I had to be sure, I had called your name all but four times." She held up her fingers and pouted. Kathleen snickered and I glanced at the girl who flushes and stares at the ground, I chuckled. "Did you two get into another fight?"

"How do you draw that conclusion?"

"Your face, a dead give away, my friend." She held out her hand and turned when I grabbed it, looking at me over her shoulder she offered a bright smile. "Drinks?" She batted her eyelashes and I smiled.

I stayed for her too.

The tavern wasn't as packed as it usually was, the local drunk was passes out in a corner and a few men sat at a table laughing and chatting.

Zyandra say down with her legs spread and she chewed on her tongue ordering for us.

"So, want to talk about it?"

"No thank you, I believe forgetting about it would serve me better."

She snorted. "Talking cleanses the mind, if you bury it, there is no guarantee you'll ever let it go."

I raised a brow at her then, leaning in to gas at her. "And when, pray tell, did you get so good with words?"

"Was that good?" She shrugged. "It's something lord Benton shared, I'm really just passing it on." She stared at her glass.

"Is that not the man you hate most in the world?"

She threw her head back and laughed. "I know... But, he's been rather...kind to me."

"Why is that?"

She shrugged. "So, you and Zavian?"

"Are good, thank you." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on now. This is the second fight you've had."