*Chapter 46

Zavian

Marius waited for me in our room. It was mine but we spend so much time together in it that truly, it belonged to the both of us. He lay on the bed, hand behind his back and a book in his hand.

"Tell me that isn't another romantic novel." He chuckled and it fell onto his chest.

"Tell me are you ever not going to be bothered?" I rolled my eyes and he sat up, swinging his legs over the bed and watching me. I pouted and walked over to him, I eased into his arms, sitting on his lap.

"I'm not bothered, just curious how you could enjoy them so much." He smiled, his eyes travelled over my face to my lips.

"You'll have to give one a chance to find out."

"I'd rather you read it to me."

I hocked my fingers together behind his neck, leaning towards him I allowed myself the simply joy of having him so close, being the walls of the castle, away from prying spiteful eyes. 

He was so warm against me, his lips soft and firmly kissing me, we moved in sync, I gasped once his teeth skimmed my bottom lip and he slipped his tongue and I moaned at the taste of him, my hand came to rest on his cheek, my brows furrowed as an overwhelming shiver racked through me.

Something was different about this kiss, almost intense and... primitive. His hands gripped my waist and he moved us. I gasped bouncing on the bed, my eyes wide and I gasped for air. His eyes were blazing red, his heated gaze causes me to whimper and reach out for him. A purr like growl emitted from his chest and he planted himself flat on top of me. His whole body covered every inch of me, the mass was suffocating but brought me a sense of comfort.

He claimed my lips in a searing on going kiss which I honestly never wanted to end until his hands clasped my wrists and he held them, dominating my form a weak mewl left me as he moved his lips to my jaw and I panted, my hands pinned above me, my body held by his own. He growled then, nipping at my neck and I moaned, I felt the heat rise within my body, my cheeks flushed before he sniffed deeply and I felt the urge to clasp my thighs together, only for his thigh to prevent me.

He lifted his head, his eyes meeting mine an holding me there. A deeply carnal aura passed over him, a need that excited and frightened me.

"Marius," I muttered lowly and his chest vibrated.

"Mine."

My eyes widened as his hands tightened and he kisses me again, more furiously, with so much need and I shivered, feeling weak and my mind hazy. He joined my wrists under one hand, his other traveling down my body.

What a birthday this was turning into.

His hand reached my waist and he squeezed before pulling my shift from my pants, his hand touched my skin and he growled possessively, his fingers firm on my stomach trailed up to my chest until he felt it. The perking of my nipple causes his hand to freeze above the part of me, his mouth on my cheek he dug his nose into me, breathing deeply before he took my jaw, his tongue slithering all over in the most territorial manner.

"Marius!" I gasped then my back arching as he pinched me, twisting slowly, slightly and teasingly. "Oh..."

Then the knock came and panting, my eyes closes I gasped, Marius growled and I whimpered despite myself.

The knock came louder, urgent.

Marius raised his face and I opened my eyes, flustered I averted my eyes from him, he leaned down, rubbing his nose against my own, his eyes blazing still, I stared. In the briefness, he still hadn't said a word. He kept his eyes on me, not moving and I, laying there breathing him in. There was a deep intensity to it, unlike one I've ever known, unlike any other we've ever shared.