*Chapter 48

Zavian

Zyandra was excited as she ate her breakfast. Marius amused just stared at her, shaking his head at all the things she had learned from Octavian while they spent the night. We had just said goodbye to them and it had been obvious that Octavian warmed up to my sister than myself seeing as he merely glanced at me as a goodbye.

Fendrel promised to visit. I hoped he would, but also, I was content for him enough not to be pushy on when, it helped that before he disappeared to the sea so often that he only ever visited during certain events.

"I think I'm going to like Irusu." I snapped my head over to her and she smirked. "Let's be honest, you can't actually stop me, brother."

"Do you wish to tempt me?"

"You and I both know that force is not within your vocabulary."

"I can certainly change." I narrowed my eyes at her and she sighed pouting.

"I understand your concern, however, I can take care of myself. I'm not as easy as you think."

"It isn't about being east, it's about the fact that those people have powers well beyond our own knowledge. We cannot underestimate them."

"Believe me, brother, I've never been as naive as you."

She spoke sharply, her voice broke half way as she stared at me fiercely, a defiant glint in her eye and I stood.

"I have a meeting soon, excuse me."

I left in a flurry then and went for the stairs when my wrist was caught. I didn't turn.

"She didn't mean that."

"She wasn't wrong."

I slipped my hand from his grip and continued.

The lords seemed nervous, Tudor was happy enough that he seemed blinded by the chatter between lords.

"Your highness," lord Buxton began. "Due to a vacancy on this board, a lot has not been accounted for in the last two months."

"In what sense?"

"For one, Lord Greene's district seems abandoned by the crown, we have no clue as to what is going on there and it seems-" the lord blinked uncomfortably. "It seems he had refused entry into the district."

My brows furrowed. "Who is no longer allowed in?"

"Your Highness, he has begun to build a wall, nobody in or out."

I blinked in outrage. "He has no power to do so."

"Building a wall merely requires wealth which he has acquired a large sum of."

"Why am I only hearing of this now?" I slammed my hand onto the table and the lord cleared their throats and glanced at one another.

"So much has been put in motion over the last two months so...we've all been- preoccupied."

"So much so that you haven't noticed a wall?" I looked pointedly at Buxton, Steward and Golding whose districts were surrounding Greene's. They bowed their heads. "One of you," I looked to them again,"Will be granted the royal decree which dictates your right to enter especially since the person refusing your entry isn't authorized to do that, no matter how much money he has nobody can refuse this. You are to take lord Greene into custody and question him and everyone involved, tell me what in the world is happening within my kingdom within the week or you will all have hell to pay."