The End and the Beginning

"I'm excited to see this one right now!" Fujiwara exclaimed.

"Is this Hinata Shoyo really a good one in volleyball?" Miyuki asked Giyu who didn't reply due to preparing the first episode.

Footsteps can be heard as a short player stands in the volleyball court.

'A massive, massive wall stands in front of me, blocking my way. I wonder what the view is like on the other side. What does it look like?

The view from the summit-- it's something I'll never be able to see alone. But if I'm not alone...' Many footsteps can be heard as the teammates of the shorty player now stand beside him.

"Let's have a good match!" They yelled and now the opening of Haikyu has started.

"Wow!" Everyone said in awe.

"Those players must be Hinata's teammates!" Kaguya said.

"Indeed they are." Giyu said in his cold tone.

"And why is he spiking with his eyes close?" Hiro asked.

"Y-Yeah! How he can hit it properly?" Fujiwara asked.

"Too many questions on the first episode? Just calm down, everyone." Miyuki said.

"R-Right! I'm sorry!" Hiro said.

"No need to apologize, Hiro." Miyuki said while patting his head.

The screen shows the title "The End and the Beginning" on it as an orange-haired kid can be seen riding in a bicycle stopped in a nearby store where two men can be seen watching a game on a TV. The kid sees the ball getting received and tossed to the short number 10 of a team wearing black and orange uniform spiking it into the three tall blockers and successfully hits it. The kid sees the jump as if the player has man-made wings on him.

"He nailed it! He's the Little Giant! That's makes five points in a row! This is the Spring High School National Volleyball Tournament. Crowed by players nearly 190cm tall, the Little Gian of Karasuno High jumps around strutting his stuff!" The commentator said on TV.

"Karasuno, from the next town over?" One man asked.

"That's impressive." Another man said.

"Shou, hurry. We'll lose our spot!" One friend of the kid who watched the spike said.

"Karasuno..." The kid uttered.

"He's a bit cute, actually." Fujiwara said.

"Yeah, he is. But a little bit." Kaguya said.

"He looks like Goro over here, but Goro looks like an old man." Zorome teased.

"What the?!" Goro angrily muttered.

"So he's the main protagonist of the show? Cool." Kokoro said.

"And that number 10 must be his inspiration in playing volleyball." Ishigami said.

Approximately 3 years and 3 months later

"

Shou, wait up!" One teammate of Hinata yelled as the orange-haired kid ran quickly towards the volleyball court and was amazed at the size of it.

"It's huge." Hinata uttered in amazement. He sniffs the air around him and yelled.

"It smells like Air Salonpas!" Hinata said.

"Shou, you need to loosen up." His teammate named Izumin said.

"What are you, a hick?" Another teammate of his named Koji added.