The One They Call "Ace"

"You're shorter than me?" Hinata asked on the smaller guy who received Kageyama's serve and this made him angry.

"What the hell did you just say?!" The guy angrily asked.

"S-Sorry! Um... How tall are you?" Hinata asked nervously.

"159 cm!" The guy replied.

'H-He's in the 150s!' Hinata thought and he starts to get emotional.

"Wh-What's with you?" The guy asked with an annoyed look.

"This is the first time I've looked down at someone since I joined a high school team!" Hinata replied while crying.

"Quit shedding tears of joy! You're barely taller than me!" The guy yelled.

"Oh, hey, Noya!" Tanaka said as he and the others have arrived at the gym.

"Hey, Ryuu!" The guy replied.

"Nishinoya!" Daichi and Sugawara called.

"Hello!" The guy named Nishinoya said.

"Oh yeah, you haven't met him before. This is Nishinoya, a second-year." Daichi said.

"H-Hello!" Kageyama and Hinata called.

"Nishinoya... so he is their Libero!" Fujiwara said.

"He looks like a delinquent for me." Kaguya said.

"Because of his hairstyle, right?" Miyuki asked.

"Aside from being called a delinquent, he can also be a short-tempered student." Kaguya said.

'Why are you stating negative statements to him?' Everyone thought.

"Yo! You guys are first-years, huh? You there, the tall guy with the mean look who served earlier. What junior high are you?" Nishinoya asked.

"Kitagawa First." Kageyama replied.

"For real? That's a powerhouse team! No wonder you had a killer serve. I had to play them back in junior high and lost 2-1! They had a third-year with a killer serve back then too." Nishinoya said.

'He's as loud as ever.' Daichi and Sugawara thought.

"What... What junior high did you go to?" Kageyama asked.

"Chidoriyama." Nishinoya replied.

"That's a powerhouse in its own right! Why'd you come to Karasuno? Was it because you hear that Coach Ukai was coming out of retirement too?" Kageyama asked.

"Oh, this one, ah, this is bad." Giyu said and this made Rize laugh.

"Bad? What do you mean, Giyu sama?" Zorome asked.

"Just listen to his reason on why he joined Karasuno." Rize replied while laughing.

"Nah. The reason I came to Karasuno... was because the girls' uniform was right down my alley." Nishinoya replied in a serious tone and this made the two have dumbfounded looks on them.

"Of course, the girls themselves didn't let me down either! The biggest reason, though, was the boys' uniform. Guys have gotta wear black, yo. I had to put up with blazers in junior high, so I always wanted to wear these. And not in brown or gray, either. It had to be black!" Nishinoya said.

"I hear ya!" Tanaka said.

"Karasuno had black uniforms, the girls' uniform was cute, and it was close to my place. It was an easy decision to make." Nishinoya said.