28.

Tyler Evans 

It has been weeks since Haley and I had a normal conversation. She has been avoiding me like the pledge, since Robin's party. And what didn't help was having her cousin Maddison around too. She barely considers us, as friends, before this madness, but now it's at the point she doesn't even hit me with her sarcastic comments. 

The thing that got to me the most, was how I couldn't keep Haley out of my head. I'm going to admit that I had a bit of a little crush on her before, but now it is more than a crush. 

Her flawless skin, deep brown eyes, and beautiful pink lips. 

It's getting to a point where I just stare at her. 

I've been trying to talk to her for the past week, but she always comes up with something to get away from me. Or it didn't help that Haley would walk away from me every time Maddison would show up. 

Until tonight. 

One of the jocks is having a house party because the team got into the playoffs. 

And tonight is the night that I am going to talk to Haley. But I know it's going to be difficult since I know Maddison is going to be there, it's like she never was to leave me alone. 

*** 

It was about 11 pm when I arrived at the party and it was in full swing. People around are either grinding up against each or making out, pretty much-having sex in the living room. 

But what caught my eye was Haley alone walking towards the kitchen. 

That was my window to actually talk to her. 

She was getting a drink and was about to leave the kitchen. 

I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her back. 

"Going somewhere?" I asked 

"Yes, Tyler. That's why I was leaving this area." Haley said 

"We need to talk eventually. You can't avoid me forever." I said 

"I'll try my best." She said, about to walk away 

"Haley," I called for her desperately

"Fine. You want to talk, let's talk." She said 

"Listen, I've been trying to talk to you for weeks now. Which didn't make things easier for me."  I started off by saying. 

"However, these feelings overwhelm me at the moment and make me lose my sanity." I continued

"What?!" 

"Haley, what I'm trying to say is that I have feelings for you," I said frustratedly  

"You got to be kidding me. Right?" Haley said 

"I'm dead serious" 

"Well Tyler, you really think I'll believe you after the emotional and mental abuse you put me through. I used to cry myself to sleep every night and hide all my emotions from my family and friends because of all the hurt you caused me! Do you really think I would fall for your bullsh*t, and fall into your arms, well you're dead wrong!" Haley yelled as she walked away angrily. 

All I could think is that I f*ck up big time. 

I looked around for a bottle of vodka or anything strong at this point and took a huge swing for the bottle. 

Tonight did not go as planned. 

Just as I was going to take another swing, the devil in disguise comes into view. 

"Hey Handsome," Maddison said 

"Look I'm not in the mood for your bullsh*t," I told her 

"I don't know what you are talking about, but I know we can have some fun tonight," She said, as she put her hands on my thigh. 

"Listen, I don't know if you don't understand basic communication. I DON't want anything to do with you. You have been a plague in my life for a couple of weeks now, and the one person I want to be around all the time can stand me for multiple reasons but one of them is you!" I said frustratedly. 

I grabbed the vodka that I was downing before she showed up and left.