Mr. Right? | 09

KAIRO

"Kai, chill with the damn death glare," Ethan whispered from beside me as I shot daggers at Alexander-fucking-Rhodes with my eyes. "At this rate you're going to make an entire country vanish. Stop it now, you stupid fuck."

"If I can't kill him legally, might as well settle with this much," I snorted. "Why the fuck didn't he tell me that he wasn't Alexandria?"

"Maybe because he didn't know?" Ethan snorted, leaning back against his chair. "And besides, you did refer to Alexandria as Alex in those letters. Could've called her Lexi or something. So, it's basically your fault for being such a doodoohead." 

"Ugh," I groaned. "I hate that you're right. Why am I such an idiot? He probably thinks that I have feelings for him now. Oh my God, that's so awkward and embarrassing. God, please don't delay the day of my death any longer."

"You know I've met a lot of idiots in my life," Ethan began, stroking his chin as if he were a philosopher. "But you're the idiot-est."

"What the fuck even is-" I began, but stopped myself when I realized that fighting with someone who had a starburst - a yellow starburst - for a brain would be anything but fruitful. 

The bell finally went off after what seemed like a century and Ethan stretched out his limbs, "Hey. Have you seen Barbie anywhere lately? She's been dipping on all of our plans."

"Maybe we're not the Kens to her Barbie," I huffed, feigning sadness. "I'm kidding. She's probably just going through something difficult. She'll talk to us when she feels like it, give her some time."

"Wow, you're understanding about that but when it comes to the love letter situation-"

"Don't bring that up," I groaned, standing up and beginning to make my way out of the classroom alongside Ethan. "I'm already embarrassed enough as it is. Do you want to make my suffering even more unbearable?"

"Yes, it's amusing," he stated before spotting someone familiar in the distance. "Hey, I'll catch up with you later. I have to ask Priyanka something."

"Who the fuck is Pri-" I began, but he was already gone. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my feet with a heavy sigh. 

Today was such a mess. How the hell had I not noticed that I'd been leaving my stupid letters of confession in Alexander's locker? God, I wouldn't even blame him if he was weirded out by the entire situation. I'm such an idiot. Would it be too late to switch schools now? Or identities even? 

Suddenly, I was brought out of my train of thoughts when I suddenly bumped into someone. Usually, it would be described as a wall. But no, the person I'd bumped into felt like a giant teddy bear instead. A giant teddy bear with bricks for stuffing in place of cotton. 

Needless to say, the impact led to the both of us falling on our poor, poor asses. I let out a groan and rubbed my pitiful booty before glancing up at the person I'd bumped into so I could apologize. 

"Oh my God, it's you!" I gasped. Quickly scurrying onto my feet, I began to wipe the dust off of my uniform and looked back up at him. "Can we talk for a moment?"

"Sure," he shrugged bluntly. "You wanna take this somewhere private?"

Ew, why did that make me think of all sorts of inappropriate things? Get it together, Kairo. You stupid fuck.

"Follow me," I uttered dumbly before scurrying into the nearest room - the boys' washroom. I carefully scrutinized the area to make sure there was no one around, and when I was sure that the coast was clear, I turned to face him once again. 

"Geez, couldn't you have at least chosen a place that didn't smell like shit? Literally."

"Stop complaining," I huffed. "Those letters in your locker-"

"It was you who wrote them, right?" he questioned with a slight tilt of his head. 

"Look, they weren't meant for you," I stammered. "I'd meant to leave it in someone else's locker. Alexandria Miller, to be more specific - if you don't believe me, that is. I just wanted to let you know because I-- I'm not gay. If I made you uncomfortable-"

"Damn, chill," he snorted. "If they weren't for me, you should've at least referred to her as Lexi or something."

Damn, that's exactly what Ethan had said.

"It's not my fault the both of you have nearly the same damn name! I didn't even know you existed," I grumbled like a toddler.

"You can't blame me for thinking those letters were for me," he shrugged. "I mean- nobody named Kairo is straight. If your name was something generic like John or Fred, I would've at least suspected that they weren't meant for me. But Kairo Alden? I'm sorry,  no offence but that screams gay to me." He ended his mini rant with a smug grin and I was just about ready to flush him down a damn toilet. 

"Shut up, nobody named Alexander Rhodes is straight either," I snorted, unsure of what I was even saying. Shit, I probably sound like a complete idiot, don't I? Yes, yes I do. Because I am a complete idiot. 

"You're right," he hummed, stuffing his hands into his pockets before leaning in a little closer. "But I never said I was straight."

And with that, he turned around and left.

What in the fucking world?