Mr. Right? | 22

KAIRO

We'd finally finished revising trigonometry after around four or five hours. Yes, hours. Alex finally decided that I had been subjected to enough torture and thankfully let me off the hook. However, the rest of the boys, excluding Ethan, had already fallen asleep. Austin and Nick were cuddling the life out of each other on my bed and Ethan looked like he was on the brink of passing out. 

"Ethan, are you sleeping over?" I questioned. His head shot up at the mention of his name and he looked over at me with droopy eyelids, "Hell yeah. Do I look like I want to walk all the way back home? Fuck no." His words were heavily slurred, a result of his drowsiness. 

"Then you can sleep in Malcolm's room," I offered, to which he simply nodded. Then, I watched in pure terror as he crawled all the way out of my room and into Malcolm's room which was situated down the hallway.

"Who's Malcolm?" Alex questioned from beside me, stretching out his limbs. 

"He's my dad," I sighed. "He's no longer in the picture though. My mom and him didn't along well."

"Oh," Alex let out. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's okay, it's nothing too personal," I reassured. "Will you be sleeping over as well or should I wake my mom up and ask her to drop you off at your place?"

"Can I sleep over? I don't really feel comfortable going back home," he requested. 

"Is your mom not in the right mindset again?" I inquired, slightly concerned.

"No, it's not that. I'm staying over at my aunt's place right now and she snores like a fucking whale," he snorted, laughing at his own joke. "And I feel more comfortable around you."

I felt my heart have a little panic attack at what he had just said and the feeling left me a little puzzled, however I decided not to question it. 

"Alright then, you can take the couch and I'll sleep on the floor beside the couch. How does that sound to you?" I offered, beginning to stand up. I watched as he stood up as well and furrowed his eyebrows down at me, his expression contorting into that of concern. 

"Won't it be uncomfortable for you?" he questioned. "I can take the floor and you can take the couch, it's alright."

"No, you're my guest," I insisted. "You can take the couch."

"Then let's both take the couch," he offered, tilting his head at me.

"But there's not enough space," I replied, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "We might end up falling off in the middle of the night."

"Hmm," he began, scratching his chin as if he were deep in thought. "Then let's both take the floor, how does that sound to you?"

"That's fine by me," I shrugged. "I'll get the mattress and the duvets. You can just wait in the living room."

"Who even says duvets?" he chuckled before obeying and making his way out of my room and into the living room. 

"Your mom," I blurted out in frustration - but he was already gone by then. I proceeded to collect a few blankets and tucked them under my arm, keeping them in place. Then, I pulled out a large mattress from the closet in the hallway and began making the tiring journey into the living room.

I placed the mattress down with a huff and began setting the blankets over it so it would be more comfortable for the both of us. Alexander was too busy checking out a few framed pictures above the fireplace. After I was done setting everything up, I made my way over to where he was and curiously peeked over his shoulder. He was examining a picture of me from when I was younger. 

I smiled at the memory and moved over beside him, "That's from my first day of kindergarten."

He grinned fondly in response, "You were so cute."

"Were? Gosh, should I be offended?" I gasped. 

"No," he began, glancing over at me. "You're cuter now." 

And with that, he simply began making his way over to the mattress and laid down with a satisfied expression on his face. 

"You're such a flirt," I snorted, mirroring his actions and laying down beside him as the both of us stared up at the ceiling. 

"I'm not flirting, I'm just stating facts," he responded cheekily. 

A moment of silence took over after that. Then, after a minute or so, I cleared my throat, "You're bisexual, right?"

"No," he stated. "I'm pansexual. You are?"

"Straight," I responded. However, the fact that I had hesitated a little before saying that kind of bothered me. Why was I behaving this way?

"Mm, okay," he hummed in response. 

"What? I really am!" I insisted. 

"I didn't say anything," he said with a soft chuckle.

I let out a heavy breath and turned to face Alex, "Hey. What's the deal with your mom?"

"Uh.." he began, pursing his lips for a moment. "She's-" 

And then I smacked my hand over his mouth again with a proud expression on my face, "Look at that, we're making progress!"

"Huh?" he questioned once I'd removed my hand.

"You just hesitated before telling me," I stated with a proud grin on my face. "Which means we're making progress."

He furrowed his eyebrows in response for a moment before a small smile crept onto his face, "Go to sleep, dummy."

"Aye aye, captain," I replied with a stupid grin on my face.