Mr. Right? | 31

KAIRO

It was the following day and I was still left thinking about what had happened the night before. After we finally managed to break apart from what seemed like a kiss that would last forever, either one of us, I have trouble remembering which one, pulled away. We stared at each other in a state of panic for the minutes that followed and immediately jumped away from each other - and the night came to an end with an awkward departure. 

Obviously, I hadn't managed to get a wink of sleep because of that incident. I couldn't stop myself from replaying that moment again and again in my mind - so much so to the point where I felt like I was beginning to lose my sanity. 

"Ethan?" I said in an indifferent voice. 

Ethan, who was seated beside me with a can of strawberry soda in his hand turned to face me with a raised brow, "What do you want?"

"How do you know if you're into someone?" I questioned, staring ahead at nothing. 

"Hmm," he began. "If being around that person makes your heart flutter, makes you shy as fuck for no reason at all, makes you feel like you want to flush yourself down the toilet and enter an endless abyss of happiness whenever they do something as little as to tap you on the shoulder, makes you want to rip your hair out because they drive you absolutely fucking insane for being so fucking perfect for no damn reason at all, it means you're in love, my friend."

I furrowed my brows at his oddly specific answer and turned to face him, "How the hell do you-"

"I've read enough erotic novellas to know," he interrupted before a look of panic took over his features. "Wait, shit- no, I take back the 'erotic' part. I never said that. You didn't hear anything, okay? Okay."

I let out a heavy sigh and leaned back against my bed so I could look up at the ceiling instead, "And.. how do you know if you're into guys?"

"Fuck if I know," he began before cutting himself off with a cough. "Do I look like I've ever been into anyone before? No. The answer is no. But, if I had to answer your question, I'd say; from the way that you check Alexander out, it's quite obvious you're into g-"

I managed to shut him up by giving him a death glare and he looked away in what I assumed was fright. 

"Can I tell you something?" I questioned. "And you promise you won't tell anyone else?"

"I don't have any friends to tell," he joked. "I'm kidding, of course you can tell me anything. My brain is so small, I might forget it in a few seconds anyway."

I pursed my lips for a moment before squeezing my eyes shut and letting out a sigh, "Alex and I.. we... osculated."

"What the fuck?" Ethan questioned. "What does that mean?"

I snorted, "You know.. we did the... CPR with feelings involved."

"What?" he said, his head tilted in confusion.

"You stupid dumb fuck," I cursed in frustration. "We kissed."

Ethan stayed silent for a second. Then those seconds turned into minutes - and after what felt like an hour, or more like a year, he blinked and let out a loud screech which could only be described as the sounds that dolphins tend to make. 

"Oh dear God," I hissed, pressing my palms up against my ear to block out the noise.

He placed both his hands on my shoulders and began to shake me vigorously, "Holy shit. You're not kidding, are you? My OTP finally kissed? So the fanfiction I was secretly writing about the both of you finally came true? I knew those rituals would work, amen."

I blinked at him before grabbing a pillow from nearby and whacking him on the head with it and saying playfully, "Die, stupid bitch." 

He let out a pained noise at the impact but quickly disregarded what I'd done by giving me a meek grin instead, "I can't believe your love life is finally flourishing."