Chapter 14: Being A Hero

'I might be overthinking it. I have absolutely no proof, either. But that doesn't mean I can do nothing.' Midoriya thought as he ran through an alleyway.

'In the city where the Hero Killer appeared, guys like Nomu are running wild. In this city, there's probably an unease that only I can imagine–'

'That the League of Villains and the Hero Killer are connected somehow!'

'Does this mean the Hero Killer is also in this city right now?' Midoriya thought as he jumped his way over to another alleyway.

'Since Iida wasn't at the fight earlier, that means he probably found the Hero Killer!' He thought before he passed by a certain alleyway.

Midoriya saw the Hero Killer about to end his friend's life. So he decided to intervene and punched the Hero Killer away with all of his strength.

"Bingo!" He said as his thought of Iida finding the Hero Killer was right.

The Hero Killer skidded a few meters away before coming to a stop. 'That kid...'

Stain recognized Midoriya. 'He's the one from Shigaraki's picture...'

"Midoriya, why?" Iida questioned.

"They talked about it on TV. That 60% of the Hero Killer's victims were found in places without many people. That's why I searched away from the center of the commotion in the alleyways near Normal Hero Agency. I searched them all one by one!" Midoriya answered.

"Can you move? Let's get to a bigger street. We need help from the Pros." Midoriya said.

"I can't... move my body..." Iida said, surprising Midoriya. "Ever since he cut me... I think it's his Quirk..."

"It's just as the commentators on TV guessed! So cutting is how he activates his Quirk?" Midoriya said before he realized somebody else. "There's someone else here!"

'If it'd just been Iida, I could've carried him away on my shoulder...' Midoriya thought.

"Midoriya... Don't get involved!" Iida told him. "This has nothing to do with you!"

"What are you saying?" Midoriya said, shock written over his face.

"Your friend came to save you. That's a great line, isn't it? But I have a duty to kill him. If we clash, of course, the weaker one will be culled." Stain said with a face that almost scared Midoriya.

"Now, what will you do?" Stain questioned as Midoriya had a flashback of a memory back at USJ.

"The eyes of white-collar criminals like you burn silently." All Might said.

Midoriya realized something different about Stain. 'He's different from the guys at USJ. His eyes are those... of a killer.'

Midoriya gritted his teeth as he discreetly sent his location to his friends, hoping that they would come.

'Even without any proof, even if it was just a guess, I should've done whatever I could to get a Pro to come with me.'

~~~~~~~~~~

Boboiboy was scouting out the nearby areas for more trouble when he suddenly felt his phone vibrating. He turned it on to find out that Midoriya just sent his location to him.

'Midoriya? Why did he send me his locati' He thought before something flied pass him.

'This one can fly!' Boboiboy thought as he noticed that it carried a hostage along with him.