Chapter 17: The Exams Final Part

'"Maybe you should've talked it over more."'

That sentence rang throughout Todoroki's mind. 'Now that I think about it, it looked like she wanted to say something.'

"Todoroki!" He heard a familiar voice.

"Yaoyorozu!" He called out.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't-"

"Hey! Mr. Aizawa's coming!" Todoroki warned.

Yaoyorozu looked back to see Aizawa running on the cables like a ninja. 'Should I save Todoroki? Or run? What should I do? What should I...'

"Yaoyorozu! You've got a plan, right?" Yaoyorozu looked back at Todoroki. "Sorry, I should've asked earlier if the plan was okay. You have an idea, right?"

"But your plan didn't work, so how could my idea...?"

"It's fine, just spit it out! I'm saying that you're the one more suited to this stuff! When we were voting for class rep, you had two votes, right? One of those votes was mine! Because I thought you'd be good at it!"

Finally, Yaoyorozu had overcome her distressed emotional state. 'Disgraceful... So disgraceful!'

"Are you done?" Aizawa said, hovering above Yaoyorozu, about to capture her.

Yaoyorozu took hold of her dolls. "Todoroki, close your eyes!" She then threw said dolls into the air, right around where Aizawa is.

"What are these?" He said as he hit the dolls, splitting them into two. Inside of one of the dolls, there was a hidden flash grenade, about to explode right in front of him. Moments after, the flash had disoriented Aizawa.

"I do have an idea, Todoroki! I have a plan! A special operation just to beat Mr. Aizawa!"She said as she helped Todoroki out. At that moment, Aizawa landed on the ground and took a few moments to tend to his eyes.

"A special operation?" Todoroki inquired. 

"Yes. I was actually thinking about this from the beginning!"

"Just tell me already." Right before Yaoyorozu was able to tell him, Aizawa had already distanced himself from the students.

'The aftereffects of USJ... A decrease in time I can use my Quirk, and an increased interval between uses.' Aizawa thought to himself. "Well, if she's attacking because she noticed that, then she's pretty good."

Aizawa then attacked from a distance using his scarf. Luckily, Todoroki was able to warn Yaoyorozu just in time and both got out unscathed. And just when Todoroki was about to counterattack, Aizawa had already erased the quirk.

"Todoroki, let's hide! Together!" Yaoyorozu said. Right after, the two fled. "Mr. Aizawa's eyes have become a bit unstable."

"Because of his injuries at USJ? So we're going to exploit that?"

"No, for now, we must get out of his field of vision. It's just a matter of time... We can win!" She said.

"Time... Get out of his field of vision...? Can we do it? We can't use our Quirks, you know." Todoroki said.

"Do as I tell you! Keep checking if you can use your ice!" Yaoyorozu said.

"I'm gonna catch you!" Aizawa said as he threw his scarf-like weapon towards the students.

 'Thinking that we can't use our Quirks is a bad assumption to make. There will definitely be a single moment...' 

The weapon only came closer and closer, threatening the two of their capture.

'...an interval of time when Mr. Aizawa blinks before he can look at us again!' At that moment, ice had covered a small portion of Todoroki's hand, signaling that his Quirk came back.

'You can pull it off in that moment, right? That giant wall you showed us at the Sports Festival!'

A big chunk of ice that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, had now blocked Aizawa from seeing the two students.