DADDY ARGENT

First Person

Episode: Restraint
Chapter 19

Episode: RestraintChapter 19

On the phone

Allison: If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know someone's controlling him.
Scott: Or he doesn't remember...
Stiles: What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?
Me: A fugue state?
Scott: He'd have to forget everything. The murder
Me: —Getting rid of the blood—
Stiles: Yeah, he had help with one thing, though-- the video. And someone else helped him forget that.
Scott: Whoever's controlling him.
Allison: Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?
Stiles: He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing...
Allison: So, do we try and convince him he's not?
Me: If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah...
Allison: Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?
Scott: Yeah, it's us! He'll talk to us, right?

I wish we could have stayed on the phone all night. It's better than where we are right now.

Jackson is putting a restraining order against us.

Scott, Stiles and I are sitting here as Stilinski is reading out everything we have to do and everything we can't do.

Mr. Whittemore looks angry at us and Mrs. McCall looks pissed at Scott.

"You will not go within fifty feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault him or harass him physically or psychologically." Stilinski tells us.

"What about school?" Stiles asks his dad.

"You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a fifty-foot distance." He tells us.

Stiles nods. "But-- okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time, and there's only two stalls available, and they're only right next to each other...?" He asks.

Stilinski just gives him an annoyed look.

"...I'll just hold it." Stiles tells him.

I sit there quietly.

After he finishes reading everything off I go to stand in the hallway.

I can hear Stiles getting yelled at by his dad.

"Do I need to remind you how lucky we are that they're not pressing charges?" Stilinski says.

"Oh, come on, it was just a joke!" Stiles tells him.

"It was a joke?" Stilinski asks him.

"Yes, I didn't think it would be taken this seriously, Dad." Stiles tells him.